Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
QS Prototype board questions — Parallax Forums

QS Prototype board questions

Hello!
I have here one of them. This just the bare board. It has two positions for the connector on the QS, one has it position over the device directly, and the second is offset. According to the datasheet it enables the user to see the LEDs on the bottom and the contact pads. However, are they connected internally, that is inside the (presumed) multiple layers of the PCB? What I had in mind when I obtained it was to mount two rows of break-away headers on the first, and what we push the connectors into on top, that is in the second. Oh and single one of these on the spots on the right hand side, two in VIN and VSS, and one for 3.3V (VDD)

It happens I thought of that board for the problems related in an earlier thread, Powering a QS board and as a final idea for what was confirmed in the PAB thread for the camera board from Adafruit.

Comments

• Yes, the two sets of holes are connected by traces. Here's the Diptrace layout for the top layer.
    QsProtoTop.PNG
    Here's the bottom layer as if you had x-ray vision and looking through the top to the bottom.
    QsProtoBottom.PNG
    Here's the same layer mirrored. As the traces would look when look at the bottom of the board.
    QsProtoBottomMirrored.PNG

You can power the board with 5V at any one of the three "VIN" positions.
    2183 x 1631 - 254K
    2138 x 1589 - 248K
    2169 x 1595 - 251K
  • That'll work perfectly.

But what is that robot doing in your front yard? (Hint. Not an erco design.)
  • But what is that robot doing in your front yard?
    You'll have to be more specific.
    Which robot in my front yard?

• Duane Degn wrote: »
    But what is that robot doing in your front yard?
    You'll have to be more specific.
    Which robot in my front yard?

Got me. He just arrived there after dragging an issue footlocker twice his size and walking all the way from the middle east. He might answer to the name "Scooby Doo!"
  • A new wrinkle. It turns out that the forty pin headers used by the QS and the Raspberry Pi's current models can use the same style Stackable Headers 2x20 40 Pin Female header for the same idea on the prototype board.

So the one I bought from them originally for a PI hat, originally idea obscured by time, now finds a newer reason. The board schematics that you provided @"Duane Degn" will still provide a use because it make things easier for me to wire the camera board to the whole business.

Uh oh, now the robot has opened the footlocker and he's busy unpacking another one like himself.