Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Request for input - The P2D2 as a Raspberry Pi "Hat" - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Request for input - The P2D2 as a Raspberry Pi "Hat"

2»

Comments

• Slightly off-topic, just checking what cables are required to connect a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B host system to a P2 evaluation board: USB-C to micro-B for power and USB-A to micro-B for data?
  • TonyB_ wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic, just checking what cables are required to connect a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B host system to a P2 evaluation board: USB-C to micro-B for power and USB-A to micro-B for data?

Erm, that's wrong probably, USB-C is power input to RPi?
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    TonyB_ wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic, just checking what cables are required to connect a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B host system to a P2 evaluation board: USB-C to micro-B for power and USB-A to micro-B for data?
    Yes for data, power cable depends on what original power source you have.
    If you use a later Pi power pack with USB-C plug, then you need a usb-c socket to micro-usb adaptor

Google does find this : YONGWEI USB 2.0 Type C Adapter Cable / Splitter, USB 2.0 Type C to USB 2.0 Type C / Micro USB 2.0 Adapter Cable / Splitter Female
    I think that's a power-charger cable, so would be useful for a single USB-C-3A power into Pi 4 and P2
  • I"ve created a short Python Prototype, set up test hardware, to test the prototype. See video : [Running prototype DebugView on Raspberry Pi]"

I have also created a repository of what i'm learning as I research and code to each of the interfaces that would be available when interacting with the P2D2 connected to a Raspberry Pi. "Be kind ;-)" this is just a collection of research notes at this point along with the prototype Python code. GitHub Repo for RPi learnings in advance of P2D2 arriving - https://github.com/ironsheep/RPi-P2D2-Support

• Nice Stephen! You had a lot of good points on tonight's Zoom
  • @Publison I appreciate your kind words. Thank you! I've been writing code since the mid 70's... as I'm sure many of us here have. (maybe it shows ;-) )
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    I"ve created a short Python Prototype, set up test hardware, to test the prototype.
    I have also created a repository of what i'm learning as I research and code to each of the interfaces that would be available when interacting with the P2D2 connected to a Raspberry Pi. "Be kind ;-)" this is just a collection of research notes at this point along with the prototype Python code.
    That looks very nice.
    Have you looked at a Pi software i2c master, on GPIO pins ? (eg GPIO6 = SDA and GPIO12=SCL) which would allow the Pi master to access the UB3 features ?
    It would need to support clock stretching, ie check SCL is high (released by UB3) before advancing.