Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 LINKS PAGE STICKY PLEASE — Parallax Forums

P2 LINKS PAGE STICKY PLEASE

Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
edited 2020-08-20 02:29 in Propeller 2
I was on the forum earlier and trying to find the P2 documentation but couldn't see it. Why can't we have a sticky to take us to a google docs page that has all the links on it. The google docs should be the web version of the document when you "publish" it so that no sign-in is required and these kinds of documents autorefresh from the master document every few minutes anyway. The links shouldn't be exposed in their long form since they are gibberish and way too long, just embed the link in a short title followed by the description.

The document can be a bit like this link page I have.

The links to the tools can be included here too since the links to the tools are scattered throughout that thread and hard to find anyway.

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    There should also be a sticky for Eric's fastspin thread since this is a major tool.
  • I know you guys know, but for anyone else reading this thread:

During active pre-launch development (at time of writing), docs and latest tool are always at the first post in this thread:

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/171196/pnut-spin2-latest-version-v34w-graphical-debugger-improved/p1

On launch day, (~October - date to be confirmed), there will be official release versions of docs and code available at the Parallax website.

Cluso99 also has this thread of links which is sticky at the top of the Propeller 2 forum category.
    (If the consensus is to replace that with an updated sticky thread, then let us know. I guess, just create the thread you'd like stuck, and let us know when it's ready to swap out with Cluso's. Maybe include a link to the old thread in the first post, as a link to the "archive" thread, as it were.)

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/169542/p2-links-for-where-to-obtain-tools-sample-test-code-reference-only/p1

• Those links are all together though, you have to read through posts. It is far simpler to create a page and put all the current up-to-date links on the one page.
    This seems to be the logical and practical thing to do, and it is so easy. Should I create a page and do this myself then?

There is no problem announcing and submitting links by posting, but isn't it a simple job to grab those links and update the links page. At present it is like trying to search the classifieds on broadsheet. Put all the P2 stuff together on the front page where it can't get cluttered up with ads and news stories or in the wrong section.
  • Those links are all together though, you have to read through posts. It is far simpler to create a page and put all the current up-to-date links on the one page.
    This seems to be the logical and practical thing to do, and it is so easy. Should I create a page and do this myself then?

There is no problem announcing and submitting links by posting, but isn't it a simple job to grab those links and update the links page. At present it is like trying to search the classifieds on broadsheet. Put all the P2 stuff together on the front page where it can't get cluttered up with ads and news stories or in the wrong section.

My understanding from Parallax is that this is all in progress for the official launch of P2. I cannot answer the question if you "should do this yourself", but if you wanted to I'd be happy to help with anything I can do here, such as creating a sticky if it seems appropriate.

The content here has always been changing fast during all the open development, and would probably be out-of-date before posted! Cluso's thread being a good example I suppose.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    I guess I need to update the first post in my sticky ;)