New P1 game: Spin Hexagon

Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 886
edited 2020-08-14 - 10:24:34 in Customer Projects
logo.gif

Here's a new game for the P1: A port of Super Hexagon, written in Spin!
To facilitate better formatting, the wall of text is being hosted externally.

Click here to download the latest version

I've attached a git build of fastspin, which you'll need to compile Spin Hexagon until fastspin version 4.3.0 is released... - just put it in the Spin Hexagon project directory...

Comments

• Oh yeah, and I gotta ping @JT Cook, for it has come to the point that I actually released a finished game: Sadly no SD card support for C3 yet, but it kinda works without and shouldn't be difficult to hack in proper C3 support.
  • Going by the video, this looks and sounds amazing! Another Wuerfel_21 triumph! And good on you for getting Terry Cavanagh's permission.
  • Mad skills, @Wuerfel_21!!! Wow!
  • Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 886
    edited 2020-08-12 - 05:22:38
    It seems that GitHub has an inexplicable 1GB bandwidth cap on LFS objects. Like, what the actual shit? Anyways, in the case that runs out, you can still clone from this mirror repo on GitLab, which doesn't seem to have an absurdly low bandwidth cap.

I've also changed the link in the top post to an external MEGA download(now a release download, which is inexplicably unlimited) and disabled inclusion of LFS objects into ZIP downloads to conserve bandwidth... What utter nonsense, lol.

OTOH now I know someone is actually donwloading the game enough to cause this issue, so that's nice.
  • Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 886
    edited 2020-08-13 - 12:05:24
    mpark wrote: »
    Going by the video, this looks and sounds amazing! Another Wuerfel_21 triumph! And good on you for getting Terry Cavanagh's permission.
    JRoark wrote: »
    Mad skills, @Wuerfel_21!!! Wow!
    Great job.

Thanks for all the nice words.

I've migrated the repository away from LFS, which should fix the downloading issues. You might have some problems if you've already cloned the repository, since I had to rewrite history...
  • That's pretty cool!