On Wednesday I plan to give a presentation on multi-language programming with fastspin/flexgui (thanks Ken for setting this up!).
Topics I'd like to cover are:
- an overview of fastspin/flexgui
- Spin programming and how to use C from Spin/Spin2
- PASM programming and how to wrap pure PASM in C or BASIC files
- fastspin C programming and calling Spin2 objects from C (the sample program for this is a mandelbrot demo in C)
- fastspin BASIC programming and calling C and Spin2 objects from BASIC (the sample program here is a BASIC turtle graphics program)
I'm open to suggestions for other topics too, of course!
All of the source code for the demos is included in the flexgui 4.2.3 zip file, downloadable from:
I'll be using flexgui 4.2.3, and if you'd like to follow along and try out the examples at home then I suggest downloading this version of flexgui.
To whet your appetite I've attached screenshots of the mandelbrot and turtle demos. The turtle.bmp file was actually created on the P2 and saved to the PC's disk via the file server built in to flexgui (actually loadp2) that lets P2 applications read/write files on the PC.
Edit: fixed the URL to point to flexgui rather than fastspin, sorry about that!