Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!) - Page 6 — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!)

Comments

• sad that I missed it, but had to work

Mike
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    I'll get the video posted by noon Thursday, Pacific Time.

Ken Gracey

Hopefully it can still be posted today. Looking forward to seeing this one.
  • First post edited to link to "Peter Jakacki Presents P2D2" - lots of gems and learning opportunities in this one which are a result of many P2D2 iterations and over a year of work by Peter.

I'll also be scheduling the next two P2 Live Forums this weekend: Programming in C with Eric Smith on August 5th and Graphic Display Debug with Chip Gracey on August 12th.

I'd really like somebody to host a P2/ESP32 presentation at some point, too.

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    ... and Graphic Display Debug with Chip Gracey on August 12th.

just curious.... Does this mean there will be a graphical debugger for Spin2? Or is it about debugging graphics drivers/signals? (and BTW, in the first post it's August 13th and not 12th)

• Three new presentations have been added to the first post in this thread.

Ken Gracey
  • Should this be the 12th?
    ]
    Graphical Debug and Spin2 with Chip Gracey
    Wednesday, August 13th at 3 pm Pacific
  • Should this be the 12th?
    ]
    Graphical Debug and Spin2 with Chip Gracey
    Wednesday, August 13th at 3 pm Pacific

Correct! Thanks for the catch. Let me know if you find anything else. I often get details crossed up when posting these meetings between interruptions in the office, copy and paste, etc.

Ken Gracey
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,131
    edited 2020-08-03 16:31
    ManAtWork wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    ... and Graphic Display Debug with Chip Gracey on August 12th.

just curious.... Does this mean there will be a graphical debugger for Spin2? Or is it about debugging graphics drivers/signals? (and BTW, in the first post it's August 13th and not 12th)

It's a collection of graphical displays that can be configured and driven by live data from DEBUG statements.

Here is a video of two Goertzel signals in an XY scope display. It takes one DEBUG statement to configure and one DEBUG statement in a loop to feed it:

• A few minor adjustments made to this week's schedule. Zoom registration and the first post are now in sync. Eric's presentation this week is scheduled for Thursday, a day later than our normal routine (on Wednesday).

Hope nobody experiences any symptoms as a result. If you do, just make it to Thursday and you'll be satisfied again.

Ken Gracey
  • Here are the slides for my presentation today (in LibreOffice format)
  • Really great discussion today!
  • The first post has been edited to include a YouTube link to yesterday's "C Programming the P2" presentation from Eric Smith.

Ken Gracey
  • I've added a long-awaited presentation in the first post - August 26th at 2:00 pm Pacific.

JonnyMac's Tao of Spin2 Programming!

Ken Gracey
  • A little suggestion: you could put the timestamps for the various topics discussed into the description box of the YouTube uploads. If you do it right, it will even partition the video progress bar accordingly. Also increases searchability.
  • Wuerfel_21 wrote: »
    A little suggestion: you could put the timestamps for the various topics discussed into the description box of the YouTube uploads. If you do it right, it will even partition the video progress bar accordingly. Also increases searchability.

Yes, added to my list of things to do hopefully this week.

Ken Gracey
  • jm_announcement_small.png

Registration link added on first post.

Ken Gracey
    650 x 366 - 202K
  • SmarPins.png

Registration link added on first post.

Ken Gracey
    650 x 454 - 346K
  • Hey Ken, one little thing I miss on these zoom presentations is that we are all forum members who know and kinda know each other, so it is quite appropriate to have a little free time, even just 5 mins after the presentation to talk among ourselves but also to save all the text chats too. On that last point, do you have a copy of all the chats from the other zoom presentations? I didn't have a chance to read them at the time and there was no chance to save them afterwards.
  • That's actually a pretty good point. I hate to interrupt just to say hey to someone in the middle of a presentation. 10 minutes would be good.
  • Hey Ken, one little thing I miss on these zoom presentations is that we are all forum members who know and kinda know each other, so it is quite appropriate to have a little free time, even just 5 mins after the presentation to talk among ourselves but also to save all the text chats too. On that last point, do you have a copy of all the chats from the other zoom presentations? I didn't have a chance to read them at the time and there was no chance to save them afterwards.

Peter, certainly. I'll be sure we keep the Zoom open for small talk next time. And I can start posting the chats, too - I have them all. Think I should put them up top, along with the YouTube links?

Ken Gracey
  • yes
  • First post has been edited to add the YouTube Link to Chip's presentation "Graphical Debug with Spin2".

Ken Gracey
  • Although I can't participate in every meeting and even if I do I usually don't contribute much. But I enjoy watching the youtube viedos, later. A kind request to all speakers: Please use a low-resolution and landscape screen. In Chips latest presentation it's very hard to recognise anything because the portrait-format screen is (mis-) fitted into the landscape format of the youtube video and more than the half of the screen is covered with black bars. If you stand in front of a big screen in real life it probably looks impressing but in youtube it doesn't. And most of the time it's cpmpletely unnecessary because most of the action takes place in the upper 1/3 of the vertical bar which in turn covers only 1/3 of the screen width. If you need to show a long listing you can make use of scrolling. If I overlooked something I could rewind and watch in slow motion but it's not possible to zoom in if the text can't be recognized.

Thank you very much.
    1920 x 1080 - 237K
    1920 x 1080 - 139K
    Man at work, I will bring in a small landscape-oriented monitor and "share it", instead, today.
  • I wasn't able to make it to the Zoom meeting today. I really wanted to see it.

Are these recorded so someone can watch at a later time?
    Ken will post the video soon.
  • TubularTubular Posts: 4,620
    edited 2020-08-20 19:54
    One of the main things was the link to the Smartpin doc Jon and Chip have worked on, can we post that?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTA4dwbntgaUVnpt0-9pDcFCVSsvCUnU/view[/url

(edited)]
  • Tubular wrote: »
    One of the main things was the link to the Smartpin doc Jon and Chip have worked on, can we post that?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iTA4dwbntgaUVnpt0-9pDcFCVSsvCUnU/edit

We would really like to be able to download & print the document, but those actions are disabled even after logging in.
    Tom
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    twm47099 wrote: »
    Tubular wrote: »

We would really like to be able to download & print the document, but those actions are disabled even after logging in.
    Tom

I think that is being fixed, it needed a different link, but moving the 'master' will need care.
  • Jeff MartinJeff Martin Posts: 751
    edited 2020-08-20 18:08
    twm47099 wrote: »
    Tubular wrote: »

Tom

We've found and fixed the setting so that download and print is available, even without signing in. It requires a different link; however, below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTA4dwbntgaUVnpt0-9pDcFCVSsvCUnU/view