Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!) - Page 14 — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!)

Comments

• octettaoctetta Posts: 123
    edited 2021-03-03 15:43

@VonSzarvas said:
    Hi @Patter
    FANTASTIC !

Thank you so much for sharing all those timestamps.

Being in Europe I'm in the group of people rarely able to watch live, and rarely having enough time to catch up later. The timestamps really do help.

Patter, seconding @VonSzarvas comments, you are a gosh-darn hero among heroes!

-joe

• @Patter - you are awesome! Thanks for doing the timestamps!!

Paul

• When will the latest Wednesday video be posted so we can watch it this weekend?

• Today. - Ken

• Tuesday's P2 Live Forum is now uploading and will be here https://youtu.be/Akh2YQ07gNA.

Ken Gracey

• Thanks Ken.

• Registration links for both events in the first post!

Ken Gracey

• First post updated to include a link to JonnyMac's stepper motor presentation.

Ken Gracey

• First post updated with a link to Tuesday's Propeller 2 Live Forum (1 pm Pacific).

Ken Gracey

• First post edited to include the March 9, 2021 Propeller 2 Live Forum link to YouTube.

Ken Gracey

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2021-03-21 15:59

Registration link for this week's meeting added to first post! How about that image? It reminds us that soon, we will start seeing more Propeller applications like this Gatling Gun from Rick Gallinson. If you are interested in what the 2010 Propeller Expo looked like, forum member @W9GFO took a tremendous number of photos and they're all still live on his Flikr account. This picture also provides a vision that we shall eventually return to a time when we will host another Expo!

I have moved this week's meeting to Wednesday. Yes, I'm bouncing things around a bit on you and appreciate your patience. The reason is that on Tuesday we have an important meeting with educators about the Python / Micro:bit "What's a Microcontroller" curriculum we are developing with cyber.org.

Ken Gracey

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,009

This is the link to my photos;

https://modelstation.smugmug.com/Events

They are on Smugmug, which is now owned by Flickr - but still separate from Flickr.

• March 30th Propeller 2 Live Forum registration added to first post!

• April 6th Propeller 2 Live Forum added to first post!

Ken Gracey

• Hey all,

We won't be having a P2 Live Forum today.

Next week, we shall resume!

Apologies for the late communication.

Ken Gracey

• @Ken gracey

Will you be putting up April 6th's video soon??

Dave

• Hey all,

I'm coming back on-line with the P2 after running the educator's courses for the last couple of weeks. At this time, I'm in the process of laying out the next four P2 Live Forums! Here's what I will be scheduling today:

• April 21: BLDC Hoverboard Motor Control Progress Report with Chip and Doug
    • April 28: Sony Infrared Protocol Communication with JonnyMac
    • May 5: Open! Looking for contributors @Twyyx @"Stephen Moraco" @Baggers - @Coley - @Tubular - **or anybody else with an idea to share! Please let me know ASAP by e-mail. **
    • May 12: SBUS with the FlySky R/C System

Keep in mind, we can talk about any topic at any of these meetings in open discussion. I'm adding a small amount of formality with a planned topic for each, even if it's only 10 minutes. If we want to discuss tools, support questions, or applications we can do that at any meeting after the presentation is done. We will also shorten the meetings to be more productive, making the best use of our limited time. If you're concerned about committing to something and the expectations it places on you, I'll manage that accordingly as well. The P2 Live Forum is for everybody regardless of skill and experience thus far with the P2.

Thanks,

Ken Gracey

• Registration link in first post!

• Registration link on first post. - Ken

• Several videos have been added and linked from the first post.

Ken Gracey

• Ken, your last 2 registration links have a syntax problem and don't work as links, unless you strip off the url keywords...

• I think I got them cleaned up.

• @Publison said:
    I think I got them cleaned up.

Thanks Jim!

KG

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2021-05-20 21:09

Gavin's video from yesterday. A must-see for those in education or with interests in mechatronics. - Ken

• Registration link added on first post.

Ken Gracey

• hinvhinv Posts: 1,252

@"Ken Gracey" said:
    Thanks Skippy. The presentation was getting out of control and it is much easier to read now.

We have to start indexing the different content of the YouTube videos. Bryan Thomas is going to help out with that effort. The long descriptions will be edited like:

00:00 Propeller 2 Live Forum
    05:20 ADC with Chip
    25:00 HUB75 LED Adapter with Stephen Moraco

etc. . .

Ken Gracey

What is Bryan Thomas's ID here on the forum? About PWMing his FETs for sign wave output, I wanted to get Bryan these 2 documents: http://web.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/Available/E-project-042711-190851/unrestricted/PWM_Techniques_final.pdf and https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slaa602a/slaa602a.pdf

• What is Bryan Thomas's ID here on the forum? About PWMing his FETs for sign wave output, I wanted to get Bryan these 2 documents: http://web.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/Available/E-project-042711-190851/unrestricted/PWM_Techniques_final.pdf and https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slaa602a/slaa602a.pdf

I'll draw his attention to this link; thanks hinv.

Ken Gracey

• Registration link on first post!

Ken Gracey