Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Different Super Carrier board problem — Parallax Forums

Different Super Carrier board problem

Hello!
I'm bringing this up regarding the Super Carrier Board 27130 because the page also discusses enclosures. And for the clear one, it is says not available. But attempting to bring up the opaque one, it creates the dreaded 404 function. Essentially the page says you, (meaning me), are not allowed to view this page. Well I was curious about both. But when did the clear one become not available?

I freely admit I sometimes do come up with an interesting application for both a Stamp2 or a Prop 1 which would need a protective case. But not this time, just curious.

Comments

• There used to be acrylic cases for many Parallax boards. I'm pretty sure it's be been many years since these cases have been available. I think you found an old link on a page which hadn't been updated for a while.

• Duane Degn wrote: »
    There used to be acrylic cases for many Parallax boards. I'm pretty sure it's be been many years since these cases have been available. I think you found an old link on a page which hadn't been updated for a while.

I agree.

But what's with that thing on rollers that's trying to escape from your place?
  • But what's with that thing on rollers that's trying to escape from your place?

I'm not sure which "thing on rollers" you mean.

I imagine you're referring to one of my robots with rollers on the wheels.

I've used two different type of wheels with rollers. One type has rollers which rotate 90 degrees from the axis or rotation of the wheels. These wheels are often referred to as Omni Wheels. Here's a link to a video showing one of my robots using this type if wheel.

Four omni wheels are often used in robots. I like using three of them since, at first glance, it looks like the robot should just spin in a circle.

The other type of wheels with rollers is a Mecanum wheel. Mecanum wheels have rollers rotated 45 degrees from the axis of rotation.

Here's a video showing one of my Mecanum wheeled robots. (Jump to the two minute mark to see the robot in action.)

I think both types of these wheels are fun to watch in action.
  • That was a really bad joke.
    I don't know if you remember but, in one of my many, many, posts, I would arrange to have any or all of @erco many smaller robots, work their way all over the planet. Including getting to NYC three days early for New Years. I eventually discontinued it simply because @erco himself was, ah, no longer amused.

For example, there's an IRobot vacuum hanging around where you are. The big difference between it and a Create unit, is that the Create unit left its cleaning gear behind. They also want people to do things with it, that aren't possible the the regular unit.

Note what one of us, @Rsadeika in the Robotics category is wanting to do with one and an PAB unit,
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2020-06-02 22:25
    They also want people to do things with it, that aren't possible the the regular unit.

Some of the older Roombas had ports which allowed serial commands to be used. I have one of these older Roombas and I was able to drive it around with a PlayStation 2 controller. It's one of many robots I need to get back up and running again.
  • Duane Degn wrote: »
    They also want people to do things with it, that aren't possible the the regular unit.

Some of the older Roombas had ports which allowed serial commands to be used. I have one of these older Roombas and I was able to drive it around with a PlayStation 2 controller. It's one of many robots I need to get back up and running again.

Okay.... Then why was that one trying to escape?