Shop Learn
Propeller 2 OS - it's alive! And CPM2.2 is running! - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 OS - it's alive! And CPM2.2 is running!

13»

Comments

• Rayman wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the card I used with this is OK...

Pretty sure? Be certain and check it on your P2 board like I said, it'll only take less than a minute to do so.

• RaymanRayman Posts: 11,835
    I just remembered @Cluso99 saying something about not supporting non-SDHC cards. Tried with SDHC card and get something that looks better:
    *Auto Detected P2EVAL

Cluso's P2 Z80 Emulation: Experimental v053a

SD Driver cog= 1

Initialise

Find Directory

Find file(s)

A: ZICOG_A2.DSK *** SD error *** F

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 17,455
    Yes, my later code (the ROM is fine) only supports the SDHC in sector address mode. Old SD and SDHC cards in byte mode will be rejected.
  • TubularTubular Posts: 4,291
    edited 2020-09-07 01:53
    What about SDXC? Do these all support sector mode?
    (wondering whether this may explain anything since most of my testing has been with SDXC cards)
  • I'm always surprised when someone is found to be using old old old or any old SD cards.

@Cluso99 - Isn't it only SD cards that use byte addressing? From SDHC on they used block addressing.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 17,455
    edited 2020-09-07 05:21
    I'm always surprised when someone is found to be using old old old or any old SD cards.

@Cluso99 - Isn't it only SD cards that use byte addressing? From SDHC on they used block addressing.
    No. SDHC cards originally were byte addressing. It was the v2 spec. I identified SDHC sector mode as v3 but it is IIRC v2.1.
    Anyway, I removed support for the older byte addressing cards from my P2 software drivers a few months ago.

@Tubular,
    SDXC are backwards compatible with SDHC (sector addressing) although they are often/always originally formatted as exFAT and my drivers require FAT32. Note: P2 ROM can boot from exFAT cards, but can only load from the Boot or Vol sectors as it does not actually recognise exFAT (see the P2 ROM SD Boot writeup/thread).
  • Ok. I hope to get back to testing cards some time, but its not a priority. I would love to understand it all better
  • Don't forget that TAQOZ can format SDHC/SDXC cards in FAT32 with the required hidden partition and in whatever cluster size you spec, but normally 32kB/cluster.
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,033
    edited 2020-11-30 18:26
    You think it would be difficult to emulate and Amstrad 8256 or 8512?