Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Telepresence Graduations in Tokyo — Parallax Forums

Comments

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,621
    edited 2020-05-08 02:29
    I saw this image when this whole business started, but I never imagined it'd actually happen...
    vr-graduation.jpeg
    750 x 926 - 77K
  • AwesomeCronkAwesomeCronk Posts: 1,055
    edited 2020-05-08 22:09
    I don’t know whether this is funny or not!
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    I find it a bit comical. When technology and necessity forces us to change a ritual we start by imitating what we currently do as closely as possible, sometimes to the level of absurdity. It may take a while, but eventually the ritual will be changed, probably bit by bit, until it suits the new circumstances. I would not be surprised to see the graduation ceremony be simplified to where a video with presenter awards the degrees to the graduates verbally while an image of the degree/certificate and the recipient are shown.
  • Actually such photographs are a glimpse of the near future. I myself compiled a few key changing trends related to our education industry, you can read them here: https://www.digichaser.com/2020/05/online-education-what-are-the-key-changing-trends/
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    If the robot is going to be on TV to get the diploma and credit, then why can't I just send the robot to class (ersatz erco) from day one for my entire my college education??!! I can just stay home for 4 years in sweatpants eating Doritos.