Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
is obex down? its been years sense i worked with my develop board. i need a simple hex to serial out — Parallax Forums

is obex down? its been years sense i worked with my develop board. i need a simple hex to serial out

hi all,
its been years sense i used the prop. I have the dev board (version 1) and need to send out serial comm (using the on develop board max chip) a RS232 string that will change every 5 min or so. I have a 2x2 video matrix switcher that will change inputs (HDMI1,HDMI2,HDMI3 & HDMI4) with a serial input command in Hex. I tried looking for a code to modify on OBEX but it is unreachable. Thanks in advance!!
Mike

Comments

• OBEX has now been retired permanently. The Parallax GitHub repository is the place to go for all the resources.

https://github.com/parallaxinc/propeller/tree/master/libraries/community/p1

• LOL thanks!!! Like I said its been years!!!
    Thanks again!
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    FullDuplexSerial will do the job for you and it comes with the PropTool download.
  • If you load the latest Tachyon binary then connect a serial terminal at 115200 baud and paste in this bit of sample code. It will backup and autorun at boot. Obviously your commands won't be so simple etc, but just to give you an idea and you can be up and running within seconds.
    byte cmd

: SEND
            ( use the last command to select a string to output )
            cmd C@ SWITCH        
            $04 CASE PRINT" COMMAND 1 IS ACTIVE " CR BREAK
            $10 CASE PRINT" SWITCHING TO COMMAND $10" CR BREAK
            $45 CASE PRINT" IN CASE IT IS $45, OKAY?" CR BREAK
            PRINT" UNKNOWN COMMAND " CR 
            ;

: SIMPLE
            BEGIN
              KEY ?DUP IF cmd C! THEN ( accept any key as a command )
              SEND 5 s ( send and wait 5 seconds )
            AGAIN ( continue the whole BEGIN AGAIN thing )        
            ;

' SIMPLE +INIT ( make the code address of SIMPLE one of the startup inits )
    BACKUP ( back it all up to EEPROM )