JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,923
edited 2020-03-08 20:05 in Propeller 2
When building methods from the outside in, I often do things things like this:
pub pwm(pin, freq, duty)

if (freq <= 0)
    ' clear smart pin
  else
    ' configure smart pin
With Spin2, this code throws an error: Block is Empty -- which does not happen in Spin1. This gets in the way of incremental development. Can we go back to what Spin1 does with this code?

Comments

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    JonnyMac wrote: »
    pub pwm(pin, freq, duty)

if (freq <= 0)
        ' clear smart pin
      else
        ' configure smart pin

With Spin2, this code throws an error: Block is Empty -- which does not happen in Spin1. This gets in the way of incremental development. Can we go back to what Spin1 does with this code?

Okay. I will change it back to the way it was.
  • Thank you.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    JonnyMac wrote: »
    pub pwm(pin, freq, duty)

if (freq <= 0)
        ' clear smart pin
      else
        ' configure smart pin

In python you must include something in each if/elif/else but there is pass which is the equivalent of nothing, just to satisfy the compiler/interpreter that is really what you want.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
    i := i sometimes does the job too. Or: p45 := p45. Only does the job when defined. "I" is defined mostly, while p46 may be defined not yet ;-) . CoVid_19 := CoVid_19 may do the job too, as being omnipresent ;-)