Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NI-MH battery from Neato robot vaccum — Parallax Forums

NI-MH battery from Neato robot vaccum

A while ago i was gifted a Neato robot vacuum which i used the Lidar unit. I now find a a need to use the batteries.

I have the charger and charger board.

My question is the two yellow thermzister wires. How are they used in the charging process? Can i use them as inputs to processor to monitor the batteries
640 x 480 - 58K
640 x 480 - 60K
640 x 480 - 78K

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2020-02-18 19:52
    jdolecki wrote: »
    A while ago i was gifted a Neato robot vacuum which i used the Lidar unit. I now find a a need to use the batteries.

I have the charger and charger board.

My question is the two yellow thermzister wires. How are they used in the charging process? Can i use them as inputs to processor to monitor the batteries

They are used to control the charging current so the batteries do not overheat.

PS Also used to avoid overheating when powering the robot vacuum or whatever other device they are powering.
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2020-02-21 14:46
    jdolecki wrote: »

You can do this with your own temperature sensor / voltage monitor / and so on with the right controller setup

I would not recommend that you try to modify the charging controller board you might get undesirable results

Now if it has a bimetallic type sensor and all it does is cut the voltage from the battery pack then yes you could use this with a optic sensor in parallel with the bimetallic type of device and when you have voltage on the optic sensor circuit then you can this use the output to do what you want to do with it