Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Skip patterns generated automatically — Parallax Forums

Skip patterns generated automatically

A helper program to generate skip patterns has been mentioned in the Spin2 thread starting here, but I think it deserves a thread of its own. In case some posts are moved to here, I'll continue in another post.

Comments

• TonyB_TonyB_ Posts: 2,108
    edited 2020-12-25 18:27
    As creating skip patterns by hand is such drudgery, I've written a QuickBASIC program that reads a PASM2 source file and writes skip pattern constants to a separate file that can be included with the source and compiled by FlexSpin using #include. N.B. The skip pattern constants must be copied manually if the compiler is PNut, until it supports include.

The attached file P2SKP.ZIP contains the DOS executable file P2SKP.EXE and the source file P2SKP.BAS, the former created from the latter using the QuickBasic 4.5 compiler. It is also possible to use a FreeBASIC compiler with the -lang qb command line option. See P2SKP.TXT for details about the program.

P2SKP.EXE can be used in a batch file, but I do not know whether it works with recent versions of Windows. I think a FreeBASIC compiler is available for Linux and I would be grateful if someone could try that. Even minor changes to skipping code can lead to a lot of work altering skip patterns if done by hand. P2SKP.EXE eliminates the possibility of manual errors and is very quick.
    edited 2020-04-09 13:55
    deleted
    edited 2020-04-19 00:10
    Skip pattern auto-generator program added to second post above.
    edited 2021-04-29 13:57
    Resuscitated this thread from page 18 (!) in case somebody out there might find it useful.

Second post above edited, with new ZIP file containing latest versions of files.