rc arlo

13»

Comments

• thanks duane degn and ken Gracey for help with my rc arlo project. couldn't of done this complete project without your help!!!
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,103
    edited 2020-01-31 - 23:26:17
    Great to hear things are working.
    It would be a lot of fun to see more photos and/or video.
    I hope you keep us updated on your robot.
  • absolutely am working on a video now
  • theres one thing thats faulty and that is sometimes the wheels just stop moving forever until i turn the robot off and then on again.
  • im not using any resistors on the signal lines for the aileron or the elevator inputs
  • WOW! Very cool!
    Thanks for sharing the video.
    reinaldo wrote: »
    im not using any resistors on the signal lines for the aileron or the elevator inputs
    I don't have any FlySky gear but FrSky and Spektrum use 3.3V logic. I'm not positive but I think you're safe without using resistors.

reinaldo wrote: »
    theres one thing thats faulty and that is sometimes the wheels just stop moving forever until i turn the robot off and then on again.

The first thing to check is to see if resetting the Activity Board fixes the glitch. If it requires a full power cycle, then it might be a problem with the RC receiver. Additional debugging could be done by leaving the USB cable attached and monitoring the output.

I don't have a WX version of the Activity Board so I'm not sure if the debugging could be done wirelessly. I imagine so but I'm not sure how this is done.

You'd want to see if the following values change as you move the joystick.
    "loops", "Aileron" and "Elevator".

Thanks for posting the video. Your robot looks fantastic.

• That yellow light is the best!
  • You'll likely discover this sooner than later but ultrasound sensors don't pickup soft objects well. Ultrasound can also bounce away from the sensor if they hit a hard smooth object at a glancing angle.
    IR sensors compliment ultrasound sensors really well. IR pick up soft objects just fine. The combination of IR and ultrasound make a good object avoidance system.
  • graffixgraffix Posts: 388
    edited 2020-02-01 - 19:36:37
    Ken was going to add the DHB 10 firmware without its fault codes to its product page. Im not sure hes done that yet. He mentioned that the firmware was buggy and they hadnt figured out why but this should fix the issue. You just would need to update the board using a prop plug. Hopefully you soldered on the header before installing it. I had to disassemble mine and do it. Also added the fan header though Im not using it yet. edit...The product page hasnt been updated yet with the other firmware.
  • The original Eddie code had a timeout period. This had to be disabled if the board wasn't receiving continuous updates from a PC.

reinaldo, are you okay with using Spin code in the DHB-10 board? You'd use The Propeller Tool and a Prop Plug to load the new code into the DHB-10. If the code in the DHB-10 is shutting off, I may be able to fix it. As I mentioned earlier, I worked a lot with earlier versions of Arlo code. I think I'd be able to modify the DHB-10 code if it's the source of your problem (motors stopping after they've been on a while).
  • well it seemed to work with another code so i think it might just be a software thing but i got the prop plug and im good with spin i can give it a whirl and also the lights are not flashing so like i said i think its the way the code is written for the aileron and elevator command. i sent a message to you directly.
  • reinaldo wrote: »
    also the lights are not flashing
    Which lights? How are the lights powered and controlled?
  • the dhb-10 ten lights are not flashing so i know its the code something to do with the aileron and elevator heres my version maybe you could take a look http://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/editor/blocklyc.jsp?project=128871
  • The DHB-10 LEDs don't always flash. Apparently they're only supposed to flash when starting up.
    Here's a link to the product guide.

I've had a couple glitches with my robot where the motors wouldn't turn but I'm not sure if it's something I've done verses an error in the hardware/software. I'll try to find time to experiment a bit more with this today.