Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Platform 2 — Parallax Forums

Propeller Platform 2

I'm thinking about making a Propeller Platform compatible board for P2.
Just toying with the idea for now. I do have a Shield that I'd like to test with P2 though...

Looks like I make a 5" wide board that includes stuff from my existing layout (and, more importantly, stainless stencil) on the right hand side.

Years ago, I thought the header would be for all 64 I/O pins.
But now, I think I'll just connect the lower 32 pins to it.
Turns out the upper 32 pins are just enough for:
12 - HyperRam
4 - uSD
4 - Flash
2 - Serial
2 - USB
8 - HDMI
1503 x 797 - 196K

Comments

• Would you consider adding a RTC module to that list?
  • I really don't have time to mess with this stuff too much, but I would still put in an order. It would be too hard to say no to.
  • @Ray: Since you're going through the trouble, have you considered making the board match the form factor of the RPi? Seems like that would make a lot of add-on hardware immediately available. You might even put on a header of an ESP-01 to act as a wifi bridge.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,895
    This is just a thought experiment for now...
    I do like the RPi zero and zero W...
  • JonnyMac wrote: »
    @Ray: Since you're going through the trouble, have you considered making the board match the form factor of the RPi? Seems like that would make a lot of add-on hardware immediately available. You might even put on a header of an ESP-01 to act as a wifi bridge.

I thought about that this week. I recently built an app for the Pi (Using .NET Core) that accepts E1.31 data and send it to my USB based Prop1 DMX dongle. It was then that I noticed the enclosure I purchased for my DMX dongle has the same dimensions of the enclosure for my Pi3. (I think the board is the same size too. I designed it for the enclosure.)

That lead me to think that a P2 in a Pi form factor would be great! Power it with the USB in. Mini HDMI out the side, Ethernet and USB on the front. Pinouts inside that match the Pi for GPIOs. It would be very cool! Lots of Pi hats and enclosures available at rock bottom prices.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,895
    Terry, thanks I see what Jon meant now, I think...
    We make a board with RPi layout so can use RPi hats.

I'll look into this...
  • We make a board with RPi layout so can use RPi hats.
    That is what I was thinking.