Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Custom board clkfreq on SimpleIDE 1.1.0 OSX — Parallax Forums

Custom board clkfreq on SimpleIDE 1.1.0 OSX

I've just upgraded from SimpleIDE 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 on my mac (OSX 10.12.6) and my project started failing. After a while I realize that the custom clkfreq that I set in the board .cfg file didn't get applied by the proploader (CLKFREQ doesn't match)

I'm currently using a 4.9152 MHz crystal that gets me a 78643200 Hz clock with the XTAL1+PLL16X mode (I'm going to replace it later with a 5MHz one, but this is what I have right now)
I've created a custom board config file with this settings:
# custom_4.9152Mhz_crystal.cfg
    clkfreq: 78643200
    clkmode: XTAL1+PLL16X

If I check CLKFREQ value on it gives me 80000000 when using SimpleIDE 1.1.0, but 78643200 when I use version 1.0.2

I have downloaded and compiled a new version of proploader from github (https://github.com/parallaxinc/PropLoader) and now is working as it should.

I just wanted to let other people using SimpleIDE on OSX that the current version parallax offers you on their site (https://www.parallax.com/downloads/simpleide-software-mac-propeller-c) has this issue.

Comments

• The work around without compiling a new version of proploader was to set the clkfreq in code:
    #define XTAL1       0x2a
    #define PLL16X      0x45
    clkset(XTAL1+PLL16X,78643200); 

• I was going to welcome you to the forums, but it looks like you have been registered for 4 years!
  • While were on the subject. I purchase a parallax p1 chip and put it on a bread board and tried to download code to it from SimpleIDE and it doesn't program.

If I add a 5 MHhz crystal to the mix it programs just fine. What do I set to run it without a crystal and what speed does it run at?

Mike
  • Publison wrote: »
    I was going to welcome you to the forums, but it looks like you have been registered for 4 years!

Yeah... it took me a while to post something :)