Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Scott Edwards LCD's — Parallax Forums

Scott Edwards LCD's

FYI...I have been using Scott Edwards 4 X 20 and 4 X 40 displays for years. So, so easy to program with any Stamp. No need for I2C. Display comes with it's own serial interface board on the back of the display. As a matter of fact, I have several on my boat, running continue for 13 years...stamps too. The displays come in different color types. And I am not a sales person for them....I just use them. Look them up

DenO

Comments

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,614
    edited 2020-01-11 04:24
    I was also very happy with one I used for a project, and will definitely consider them for future projects that need a display. In addition to their displays being powerful and very easy to use, they have ready-made waterproof bezels for their displays.
  • Scott Edwards looks a little overpriced to me. Cheaper and ready to use straight from Parallax.
  • Parallax Serial LCD's are still on sale.
    https://www.parallax.com/product/27979

• Don' forget the "superior" pbjtech 20x4 LCDs with digital contrast and backlight control as well as a lot of extra features.
    Publison still has stocks of these he bought off me a while ago I think.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-01-13 23:26
    Don' forget the "superior" pbjtech 20x4 LCDs with digital contrast and backlight control as well as a lot of extra features.

Yeah, I didn't want to mention them while Parallax has their LCD's on sale. I have 80 of Peter's most excellent displays in stock for $15.00 each. See his PDF above.

Now I'm going to get a moderator email about selling in the forum. :)
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-01-13 23:36
    Publison wrote: »
    Don' forget the "superior" pbjtech 20x4 LCDs with digital contrast and backlight control as well as a lot of extra features.

Yeah, I didn't want to mention them while Parallax has their LCD's on sale. I have 80 of Peter's most excellent displays in stock for $15.00 each. See his PDF above.

Now I'm going to get a moderator email about selling in the forum. :)

Sorry about getting you into trouble mate :) But there is limited stock and these are the same displays that I supplied to an OEM for big bucks in place of "those other" LCDs. They were teamed up to a Prop system. The serial input is auto-polarity and baud rate selectable from 1200 to 115200 baud without any of those ugly dip switches and pots, just press the button or talk to it. It reports its settings on the screen too. Better value, better features, better sunlight contrast, better get em.

• ErNaErNa Posts: 1,738
    Hi Peter, what about the displays you wanted to send? Beside others.... ;-)
  • PBJTech didn't yield any search results only PB Tech. I guess there is no website for these LCD's
  • I operate under pbjtech but a mix up years ago saw the domain name squatters seize it. No problem, I can buy it back for thousands!$#_!
    But I normally only design and manufacture for oems anyway. The datasheet is there and it is a very nice unit with amber backlight and sunlight viewable, and it's a very low profile backpack not any higher than the bezel tabs.
  • Ok $15.00 USD. What do think the shipping cost and any customs fee's would be to the northestern United states.
  • They look nice
  • DigitalBob wrote: »
    Ok $15.00 USD. What do think the shipping cost and any customs fee's would be to the northestern United states.

PM sent.
  • DigitalBob wrote: »
    Ok $15.00 USD. What do think the shipping cost and any customs fee's would be to the northestern United states.

These 80 LCD's are in the US.
  • Got it I just figured out what PM means thanks.