Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SpinEdit now working with Rev.B — Parallax Forums

SpinEdit now working with Rev.B

I've got ozpropdev's flash loader now working with Rev.B.
Also, I've fixed the jumping to error line number when double-click on error message issue.

Comments

• nice, Ray

However after loading flash once I now get the issue you reported where it can't now load RAM (presumably I need to change P59 switches now).

You seem to be using v0.013 of loadp2 is this correct? Does this mean you're using Ozprop's flash loader code direct from SpinEdit to achieve the flash loading?

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,799
    I believe I append the binary code to be flashed to a modified version of Ozprop's binary and then load that...
  • Ah, if you use a newer loadp2 then you can download multiple binaries. loadp2 0.031 lets you write things like:
    loadp2 @0=flashloader.bin,@1000=myprog.bin

which loads "flashloader.bin" at 0, then loads "myprog.bin" at $1000, then starts the program at 0.

A slight variation of this using "+" instead of "=" causes the downloaded binary to start with its size, so:
    loadp2 @0=flashloader.bin,@1000+myprog.bin

loads flashloader.bin at 0, puts the size of myprog.bin at $1000, then loads myprog.bin at $1004, and finally starts flashloader.bin.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,799
    edited 2019-11-24 23:51
    Can FlexGui load flash? I looked and didn't see it...
    I may just wait and copy whatever you do...
  • FlexGUI 4.0.4 can program the flash on the P2 ES board. I'll be releasing it soon (I hope later tonight). The sources are already checked into github.