Antbo Walker

Yet another STEM robot which overpromised to teach kids coding and rock the world of education to its core. Certainly a new form factor anyway, appears to be a 3-servo Arduino bot. Even if less practical than rolling robots walkers have a WOW factor. Of course I still think a Toddler or Penguin style robot would be MUCH better than this, Ken.

Izzit time yet? :)

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• Not thrilled about the Cloud aspect.
  • Publison wrote: »
    Not thrilled about the Cloud aspect.

Same here. I wonder how many tons of electronic/mechanical equipment are gathering dust because they depend on an internet site that is no longer there.
    In science there is no authority. There is only experiment.
    Life is unpredictable. Eat dessert first.
  • Cosmo, probably vector. At least since Anki shut down. So sad.
    Returning to Spin after two months of not coding micros at all, forgetting to use :=
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,546
    OK OK: Cloud & Arduino (!!) were clearly bad calls. STEM/STEAM/STREAM has a negative connotation in the toy industry now, since it's an overused buzzword anyone can glob onto their product.

My REAL point was, hey, here's another factor for a walker. Walkers are inherently cool. Even if slow & clunky like this one.

Please allow me to start over:

Hey Ken, how about a new P2-based walker? Look how low the bar has been set! :)
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • erco wrote: »
    OK OK: Cloud & Arduino (!!) were clearly bad calls.

Hey Ken, how about a new P2-based walker? Look how low the bar has been set! :)

On board entirely!
    Returning to Spin after two months of not coding micros at all, forgetting to use :=