How many DoF on this chassis design???

Just stumbled across this while perusing youtube during my lunch. I love this chassis design and the level of articulation. I think this would make a great robot chassis platform. Even the back of it looks like a mean face ready for a robot battle....

Anyhow, I was trying to count the degrees of freedom for each "leg" but not quite sure.

Comments

• Looks like each of the wheel let’s are 2 DOF, while the bucket arm is 4 DOF(5 DOF if you count the telescoping motion).
    Pretty cool! Makes you wander at the fuel consumption...
    Returning to Spin after two months of not coding micros at all, forgetting to use :=
  • When I was way younger then now I worked in construction and operated heavy equipment. This is just amazing.

But on the other hand it is sort of overkill. At 99% of my worksites I would never have needed to use those features.

Cool to have but - hmm - rarely needed.

Enjoy!

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.
    A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.
    Press any key to continue, any other key to quit

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • That is impressive amount of engineering there. The motors must be in the wheel hubs and are probably hydraulic motors.

I was watching a modified tractor on a TV programme the other day, it was the old dunger hacked up for a single job. The job being mechanical de-weeding between crop rows. The wheels were extra skinny and all four had axel extensions added to match the row spacing. The grubber was customised too.
    We have the vastness of the internet and yet billions of people decided to spend most of their time within a horribly designed, fake-news emporium of a website that sucks every possible piece of personal information out of you so it can sell it to others. And they see nothing wrong with that.
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,560
    WOW! Incredible, I want to see that in person. What a machine!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,560
    See also the "walking excavator" at the end of this top ten list. Very robotic!

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso