Does anybody know which PIC exactly the SX replicated?

Hi!

I know that the SX replicates a particular PIC, albeit with extra hardware and much faster clock rate... anyone knows which PIC model it was?

Thanks!

Comments

• Publison

You always have the facts or know where to find them :)

Novel Solutions - http://www.novelsolutionsonline.com/ - Machinery Design • - • Product Development
    "Necessity is the mother of invention." - Author unknown.

• idbruce wrote: »
    Publison

You always have the facts or know where to find them :)

I have been called "The Librarian" by some. :)
    Infernal Machine
  • I didn't see the answer to OP on the link but I thought SX was most similar to PIC16F54.
  • 4K x 12 program space, so 12-bit instructions. A quick look on Wikipedia would indicate it as a fully expanded PIC12. PIC16's are 14-bit instructions.
    "We suspect that ALMA will allow us to observe this rare form of CO in many other discs.
    By doing that, we can more accurately measure their mass, and determine whether
    scientists have systematically been underestimating how much matter they contain."
  • PIC16F54 does have the 12 bit instructions.
    PIC12 are all just 8 pin versions without all the io pins.
    SX has the io pins and runs much faster.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 7,709
    edited 2019-03-05 - 12:04:13
    I did say "fully expanded". The instruction set is that of the PIC12, not the PIC16. Ah, I didn't fully read that. So that part is a PIC12.
    "We suspect that ALMA will allow us to observe this rare form of CO in many other discs.
    By doing that, we can more accurately measure their mass, and determine whether
    scientists have systematically been underestimating how much matter they contain."
  • I didn't see it clear by looking at the wikipedia article...

PIC16F54 seems a good bet.