Does anybody know which PIC exactly the SX replicated?

Hi!

I know that the SX replicates a particular PIC, albeit with extra hardware and much faster clock rate... anyone knows which PIC model it was?

Thanks!

Comments

• Publison

You always have the facts or know where to find them :)

Novel Solutions - http://www.novelsolutionsonline.com/ - Machinery Design • - • Product Development
    "Necessity is the mother of invention." - Author unknown.

• idbruce wrote: »
    Publison

You always have the facts or know where to find them :)

I have been called "The Librarian" by some. :)
    Infernal Machine
  • I didn't see the answer to OP on the link but I thought SX was most similar to PIC16F54.
  • 4K x 12 program space, so 12-bit instructions. A quick look on Wikipedia would indicate it as a fully expanded PIC12. PIC16's are 14-bit instructions.
    "... peers into the actual workings of a quantum jump for the first time. The results
    reveal a surprising finding that contradicts Danish physicist Niels Bohr's established view
    —the jumps are neither abrupt nor as random as previously thought."
  • PIC16F54 does have the 12 bit instructions.
    PIC12 are all just 8 pin versions without all the io pins.
    SX has the io pins and runs much faster.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 7,095
    edited 2019-03-05 - 12:04:13
    I did say "fully expanded". The instruction set is that of the PIC12, not the PIC16. Ah, I didn't fully read that. So that part is a PIC12.
    "... peers into the actual workings of a quantum jump for the first time. The results
    reveal a surprising finding that contradicts Danish physicist Niels Bohr's established view
    —the jumps are neither abrupt nor as random as previously thought."
  • I didn't see it clear by looking at the wikipedia article...

PIC16F54 seems a good bet.