Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cool things to do with your new P2? — Parallax Forums

Cool things to do with your new P2?

Jeff_BirtJeff_Birt Posts: 25
edited 2018-11-30 13:41 in Propeller 2
Now that there will be about 150 P2 eval boards out in the wild plus the P2D2 boards the question becomes: "What should we do with our new P2?"

I'll of course try out TAQOZ Forth (sp?) but what thing would be interesting or more importantly useful to Parallax in the form of feedback?

A good follow-up question is where to find the documentation for the P2 and eval CPB? Just found this in the stickies:

forums.parallax.com/discussion/169367/p2-es-board-support#latest

Comments

• First order of business, see how fast can I pump SPI into the P2. Then I will use an ESP to push ARTNET and/or sACN data to the P2 via SPI and push that data out to WS2811 pixels. Dasblinkinlights! P2 as a pixel pump!

Other projects:

Interface with Tandy Color Computer to emulate MC6551, emulate native keyboard with PC, emulate drive controller accessing SD card, emulate OKI M6242B RTC, ultimately emulate GIME registers and duplicate GIME video via VGA. (Maybe HDMI with a production chip) If I can make any single one of these things work, I will call it a "win".

See how fast I can send data to P2 via native USB, once someone writes a COM Port object.

Port SSD1331 display spin driver to P2, maybe implement a framebuffer, since we will have a faster SPI datapath than the P1.

• Jeff_Birt wrote: »
    A good follow-up question is where to find the documentation for the P2 and eval CPB? Just found this in the stickies:

There are links to all of the available P2 (& evaluation board) documentation on the product web page:
    https://parallax.com/product/64000-es

dgately