Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I want a P2! And how are we going to get these to you? - Page 14 — Parallax Forums

I want a P2! And how are we going to get these to you?

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-11-29 18:15
    Got mine. 94 left.
  • I bought mine :)
  • Now we put Rich in emergency enclosure mode. :)
  • ctwardellctwardell Posts: 1,716
    edited 2018-11-29 18:24
    I feel like Charlie Bucket!!!

mcdwiwo-ec020.jpg
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,767
    Got mine too! Had to create a new account for some reason... Guess I've been getting all my Parallax stuff from Digikey for too long...
  • WHEW! Ordered mine. 84 left...
  • SWEET!! I ordered 20 !! <just kidding!>

My board is on its way !!!

J
  • The order link is here https://www.parallax.com/product/64000-es

Circulate it among yourselves.

Ken Gracey
  • Alright!!! I just ordered my P2 Evaluation Board!

Jeff
  • Got mine ordered.
  • Everybody stay calm. We don't know when we are shipping these, just to be clear.

We need Chip here in the office. If you see him hanging out on other threads (the A/D discussion) tell him to come to Parallax.

Ken Gracey
  • Thanks for the gut-check Ken.
    I was more anxious that I would miss out the first release than any pressure on y'all for immediate shipping.
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    The order link is here https://www.parallax.com/product/64000-es

Ken Gracey
    Thanks, Ken! Now that I think of it, I guess I won't need the actual silicon to do tools development so I think I'll avoid spending the $150 right now as long as there is an FPGA image corresponding to the chip. Do you know of any reason that the Prop123-A9 board won't be okay for tools development?

• David Betz wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »

Ken Gracey
    Thanks, Ken! Now that I think of it, I guess I won't need the actual silicon to do tools development so I think I'll avoid spending the $150 right now as long as there is an FPGA image corresponding to the chip. Do you know of any reason that the Prop123-A9 board won't be okay for tools development?

Not really, other than the lack of analog and smart pin features I suppose.

Ken Gracey

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »

Ken Gracey

Not really, other than the lack of analog and smart pin features I suppose.

Ken Gracey
    Thanks for confirming. Looks like there is big demand for the P2 Eval boards so they may as well go to people who actually need them.

• Ken,

We realize they may take some time, just happy to be in line!

C.W.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,131
    I am driving to parallax as I think about analog to digital conversion.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2018-11-29 19:11
    cgracey wrote: »
    I am driving to parallax as I think about analog to digital conversion.

This is permitted behavior for the next two hours.

Ken Gracey
  • Keep Calm, and wait for your Prop 2 Eval Board.....is it here yet?
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,009
    edited 2018-11-29 19:15
    Ken, could you have someone take a caliper and verify the thickness of the board please? I guess verifying overall dimensions would be prudent too.
  • Anyone ordering the P2-EVAL should consider getting the new BadgeWX at the same time:

https://www.parallax.com/product/20300

Save on shipping! Support Parallax!
    And above all- a fantastic gift for yourself, or someone you know.

Plus with all the new games and code samples on BlocklyProp, will provide a healthy balance and distraction in-between feverish Propeller 2 coding and experimentation!

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-11-29 19:40
    VonSzarvas wrote: »
    Anyone ordering the P2-EVAL should consider getting the new BadgeWX at the same time:

https://www.parallax.com/product/20300

Too late. I just received two badges today. I injured my original one trying to solder programming pins with the wrong soldering iron. I was not at my place with the good stuff. :)
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    ... Now that I think of it, I guess I won't need the actual silicon to do tools development so I think I'll avoid spending the $150 right now as long as there is an FPGA image corresponding to the chip. Do you know of any reason that the Prop123-A9 board won't be okay for tools development?

For focus purely on tools (as in compilers) the FPGA could do, but then you are not exercising the P2 silicon.
    My thinking is the more code P2 silicon is running, the better, and a tool developer is going to be good at the 'that's strange' moments, needed to catch any subtle bugs.

• jmg wrote: »
    ... Now that I think of it, I guess I won't need the actual silicon to do tools development so I think I'll avoid spending the $150 right now as long as there is an FPGA image corresponding to the chip. Do you know of any reason that the Prop123-A9 board won't be okay for tools development?

For focus purely on tools (as in compilers) the FPGA could do, but then you are not exercising the P2 silicon.
    My thinking is the more code P2 silicon is running, the better, and a tool developer is going to be good at the 'that's strange' moments, needed to catch any subtle bugs.

That's a good point. I guess I should order a board after all. Thanks for pointing that out.

• The new P2 ES board shows up on the New Products page of the Parallax Store. Is that intentional?
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    The new P2 ES board shows up on the New Products page of the Parallax Store. Is that intentional?

Oops - That may be a slightly higher profile than Ken was hoping for !! ;)
  • My P2 ES board is on order!
  • And one for me, too!
  • Ordered. Can't wait!
  • W9GFO wrote: »
    Ken, could you have someone take a caliper and verify the thickness of the board please? I guess verifying overall dimensions would be prudent too.

1.82 mm

KG