Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PCB's made — Parallax Forums

PCB's made

Hello All,
Clicked on an AD in one of my many TAB's for printed PCB's for $2 x 5 = $10.00. Of course first order only. Just did a order yesterday and it's suppose to ship in 5 days, will see. Will update once they come in.

https://www.firstpcb.com/

Note: Wanted to cancel my last order because of some minor updates but it was to late, so this will be perfect timing if they come out good.

Take care

Comments

• Hello All,

Update:
    NOT GOOD.
    Received the PCb's in yesterday Aug 2. 2018 and only had time to look at them under the magnifier. WOW, WOW, WOW.
    I could see.....or NOT see the Silk Screen Text in certain areas. It was Horrible. Smeared to were it was unreadable and then it got worse. I've seen some bad Text before but this was close to not even trying to do a good job.
    My 2 x 3 mixed SMT/TH has 42 parts. It was the 4th spin and a preview of the final demo assembly , but this could only be used for myself. Most signal are put on the PCB for trouble shooting if needed.
    All of that Text is UN-READABLE.
    In conclusion:
    I don't know. Have NOT done the Electrical test yet. They do allow SLOT's , which Bay Area Circuits does NOT thru the DipTrace program. So maybe your first spin to see if your concept works then OK.
    But a bigger PCB with lots of signal to check and lots of signal Text added to the various pins to trace will be next to impossible if this is any indication. (impossible)
    Had to get this out for now. Will attach partial photo tomorrow.....Late night Airport Run.

• Who was the fabricator? (Need to know whom to avoid.)

-Phil
  • Hello,
    The Link is above....

Remember:
    Have not done electrical nor face fees back yet..
    If you need cheap and limited silk screen, then, well, you get what you get.
    ..at airport now, photo to large , will need to compress tomorrow.
  • Hello All,

Pic_Silk%20Screen.jpg

Here is part of the Silk Screen problem. Splatter/dragging of the ink in some locations also.

So you decide. If you need a cheap quick spin of a PCB's , then this may work for you. Will give them feedback tomorrow.
    3892 x 1053 - 878K
  • tonyp12tonyp12 Posts: 1,950
    edited 2018-08-05 14:55
    That they do platted slotted holes but less than perfect silkscreen, I think could be worth the trade off.
    Unless you're selling diy proto-type boards, no one really looks at the silk screen, a pick-and-place machine for sure doesn't

PS why no copper pour, why etch away all that copper?
  • Yell, it's up an running good, will add copper pour now. Never do it on my early runs, just a habit now.
    Really need to learn the Propeller (3v). Now using the BS2, 48 pin and the 5v with 2 Parallel is killing me on batteries. Built a 3D holder for six A23 12v batteries.
    This is a portable hand held unit.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2018-08-06 17:53
    Legend text on the photo you posted of the board does not look all that bad to me. Some fabricators might treat less than 30 mil size and less than 5 mils line width as a DFM error. But it looks like text on your pcb that labels SOT23 pins is more like 20 mils and they still are readable. Often these days there is no room for much in the way of text labels. Labels can be handy for troubleshooting, but a good document can serve that purpose.

The alignment of the solder mask on that board seems to be good. There is not much relief around the pads, only a couple of mils, so the alignment has to be spot on.

Do you have a copper ground plane on the bottom layer?

It runs--That's the most important thing!
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,145
    Legend text on the photo you posted of the board does not look all that bad to me. Some fabricators might treat less than 30 mil size and less than 5 mils line width as a DFM error. But it looks like text on your pcb that labels SOT23 pins is more like 20 mils and they still are readable. Often these days there is no room for much in the way of text labels. Labels can be handy for troubleshooting, but a good document can serve that purpose.
    I agree - remember, silk layers are usually screened ink, not photographic precision.
    Ink was maybe slightly 'runny' but that may have been to try and get into the smaller fonts, and there are some streaks (narrow cuts) that may be screen artifacts ?
    Overall tho, that's certainly good enough for what silk layers are used for.

• hmlittle59hmlittle59 Posts: 404
    edited 2018-08-07 18:33
    Never had a problem with Bay Area Circuits. NEVER. Expensive, but, no issue. I'm getting what I paid for with a cheap introduction......that should be trying to impress. So that I would pass good comments to fellow Business/Forum hobbiest. Still have not did the electrical.

Just doing the feedback now, along with feedback for my 5 month old QIDI X-pro 3D printer from Amazon. It's been idle for the pass week (sad face), but its been GREAT for all my current needs. Designing a ABS fumes exhaust system for it now, gosh that plastic stinks. WOW... NOT even 3 minutes before I shut that off. WOW....1st time printing with it ever.

Copper Pour added for future spins.

Battery life is a bigger issue for now, with me wanting it to last at least 5 - 6 hrs. per. usage, without recharge. Six (6) A23 12 volt Energizer Batteries (in a 3D holder) didn't last like I was wanting. Poor little "PINK Bunny" didn't hold up. Now trying (2) 9 volt rechargeable's mounted inside.

edit:
    Testing all LCD (LCDoff), BS2 48 pin sleep mode options.