Digital Fidget Spinner Motor

The first time I saw a fidget spinner, I thought that it was crying out to become a motor. It uses two hall sensors, an electromagnet and a Propeller Flip. The hall sensor at 3 o'clock turns the electromagnet on. the sensor at 8 o'clock starts the magnet off sequence. There is a delay after magnet off, before the magnet actually turns off. The delay is manually controlled by the two pushbuttons in the upper right hand corner. Delay can be varied between 0 and 63 milliseconds. The current delay is shown in binary on the 6 LED's. Maximum speed so far is about 1100 RPM using a delay of 8 ms.
The Propeller is like cool and stuff..... uhhh.....huh huh.
1890 x 2520 - 2M

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Oh, PLEASE post a video!

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Beavis3215Beavis3215 Posts: 224
    edited July 2 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Funny question, but how do I post a video? I barely had the data allotment for this photo.
  • You can add a link to a video hosted on YouTube.
    Jon McPhalen
    Hollywood, CA
    It's Jon or JonnyMac -- please do not call me Jonny.
  • Now just convert it into a perpetual motion unity gain motor!
  • It does run at a very consistent speed from start to battery depletion, which ususlly lasts an hour and a half.

Here is The YouTube link:

• I got a better Spinner with ceramic bearings. I upgraded the bracket that holds the magnet. I am now up to 2400 RPM with an unmodified fidget spinner.