Forum Update - Announcement about May 10th, 2018 update and your password.

P2D2 - An open hardware reference design for the P2 CPU

123457»

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 10,238
    edited August 28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I sent a batch of 6 boards to Europe as "Samples". These can be used for distribution in the EU if the recipient can find the time to ship.They seem to have gotten there just fine. Not there yet. One to Canada as "Sample". That posted fine.

I would be happy to do another round, but I have no more requests at this time. If people line up, ship them out!
    Infernal Machine
  • Peter,

I would be interested in an updated board (just to get the "latest" changes.)

I did get a P2D2 from Publison.

Thanks!
  • I still have quite a few boards left over but I may also get another version done if I do another run, maybe just dressed up a bit more, we'll see.

If anyone in the US or anywhere else wants some, let me know on this thread.

I am in Canada and would like a board (or two if possible). Is there a Canadian re-distributor? If not I would be happy to take that task on.
    In science there is no authority. There is only experiment.
    Life is unpredictable. Eat dessert first.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 11,778
    I still have quite a few boards left over but I may also get another version done if I do another run, maybe just dressed up a bit more, we'll see.
    Maybe that can be done between the package drops - if the first epoxy parts are proven to work ?

The next 'dress up' step I can think of, is to add a USB-UART, to make the board more like other break-outs ?

See the Python loader thread for my test results on CP2102N, which seems able to manage half-duplex faster than full duplex, and the download is half duplex.

ie looks like 6~8MBd settings can sustain ~ 5.5Mbd for full P2 image downloads of ~1.3s

CP2102N can come as small as 3mmx3mm 0.5mm, and also in 4mmx4mm and 5mmx5mm.
    3mm would be the usual first choice, but that package has corner pads without wettable flanks, so looks less manual assembly friendly.
  • @Peter Jakacki ,
    Hey if you still have some left over I think a while back in this thread or another I had mentioned I was interested in one or two of these original green P2D2 boards. Not sure if you had sent any out to locals or not but in any case I never received anything. You should still have my personal details from when you sent my your IOT5500 boards, but if not, PM me. I can always deposit a couple of tokens into your account for any postage cost as needed.
    Cheers,
    Roger.
  • rogloh wrote: »
    @Peter Jakacki ,
    Hey if you still have some left over I think a while back in this thread or another I had mentioned I was interested in one or two of these original green P2D2 boards. Not sure if you had sent any out to locals or not but in any case I never received anything. You should still have my personal details from when you sent my your IOT5500 boards, but if not, PM me. I can always deposit a couple of tokens into your account for any postage cost as needed.
    Cheers,
    Roger.

No worries Roger, I will send some off this week.

Tachyon Forth - compact, fast, forthwright and interactive
    useforthlogo-s.png
    --->CLICK THE LOGO for more links<---
    Latest binary V5.4 includes EASYFILE +++++ Tachyon Forth News Blog
    P2 SHORTFORM DATASHEET +++++ TAQOZ documentation
    Brisbane, Australia
  • I'd gladly accept one board :). And some chips to go with it would be great :), but those we get for Chipmas, don't we ?.
  • I would like one please. I am in the US.