Forum Update - Announcement about May 10th, 2018 update and your password.

Erco's Last Request

ercoerco Posts: 19,107
No, I'm not dying AFAIK. Well slowly, but aren't we all?

And yes, I still love the Toddler you guys all pitched in for and bought me from Andy ~2 years ago. But there's just one last robot I need for my collection, and if you guys can see fit to chipping in again and buying it for me, I'll never ask for anything again. I understand it might take a while to raise the $100K, but I don't mind waiting up to a week... https://www.ebay.com/itm/323297573678

I'll even pony up for the $290 shipping.

This "Gang of Four" includes the Holy Grail of toy robots IMO, the rare 1958 Masudaya "Radicon" R/C robot. Uses a powdered metal coherer to electromechanically cycle through drive modes to stop, go, and turn. I've never seen one on Ebay before.

Except for this older video:
"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Oh, if only I hadn't wasted my retirement money on stocks and CDs!

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • I am so glad to see that this forum now has a request line<G>. I really need to make use of it for a couple of answers.

I am throwing in the towel and giving up on designing my own PCB layout.

First: Which would be the best format to post a schematic for comments, Bitmap at 200 pixels per inch or a scalable metafile? Those are he only export options I have.

Second: Would it be appropriate to post the schematic as an RFP for any here that may be in that line of work or have gone though the process of getting a PCB made.

trooks

My grey matter seemed to work much better before it was surrouded by so much grey hair. ]8-D

• No worries Erco. As soon as I win the lottery. So how about some help with the winning numbers as I need to get them right the first time ;)
  • WhitWhit Posts: 3,883
    @erco - Never knew you to have paid a full eBay price - Make em and offer - Bet you can get em for 99,999.00.
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,107
    At LEAST free shipping! :)
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • WhitWhit Posts: 3,883
    Those bots really are TOO cool.

You need them...
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • I'm in for a fiver!

Come on guys, only $99,995 to go!
    MOV OUTA, PEACE <div>Rick </div><div>"I've stopped using programming languages with Garbage Collection, they keep deleting my source code!!"</div>
  • erco wrote: »
    No, I'm not dying AFAIK. Well slowly, but aren't we all?

And yes, I still love the Toddler you guys all pitched in for and bought me from Andy ~2 years ago. But there's just one last robot I need for my collection, and if you guys can see fit to chipping in again and buying it for me, I'll never ask for anything again. I understand it might take a while to raise the $100K, but I don't mind waiting up to a week... https://www.ebay.com/itm/323297573678

I'll even pony up for the $290 shipping.

Erco... let me check the cup holder in the Mustang. I've been tossing change in it for several months. There must be a couple hundred K by now! ;-)

Amanda
    Founder of the "Society for Aimless Tinkering and World Conquest"
    You kid are all right! Once this trickle goes viral, it's a slam dunk!

- Pablo Picasso
  • Erco,

The lottery jackpots are slowly getting bigger again or you can ask someone for a sweet stock tip.
    edited June 18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks Genetix. Michael Scott gave me some solid investment tips to diversify across all 4 types of businesses: tourism, food service, railroads, and sales.

And hospitals/manufacturing.

And air travel.

- Pablo Picasso
  • Two words? ...one word? A heady hyphon?

Cryptocurrency!

(One word Ben, plastics!)
    MOV OUTA, PEACE <div>Rick </div><div>"I've stopped using programming languages with Garbage Collection, they keep deleting my source code!!"</div>
  • You can't find a way to put all your little robots to work, so they can generate enough money to buy their friend?!
    San Mateo, CA
  • Jeff Haas wrote: »
    You can't find a way to put all your little robots to work, so they can generate enough money to buy their friend?!
    lol

Phew. No one bought it, so maybe the seller will take my Corvair in trade.

Nah, sometimes I say crazy things.

- Pablo Picasso