Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Terminal program recommendation — Parallax Forums

Terminal program recommendation

Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
edited 2018-06-03 19:01 in Propeller 1
I love the the convenience of the Parallax terminal window that comes with Propeller Tool. But sometimes I need to capture more data to a file than I can copy and paste from the window. Such was the case with the GPS data collected in this thread. So I discovered a free terminal program named Termite. It has a very small footprint and is drop-dead easy to use. All data it receives can be accumulated in a specified log file, which is what I needed. Anyway, 'just wanted to give a shout-out to a valuable tool.

-Phil

Comments

• Thanks Phil! I think I have seen this mentioned before.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    I love the the convenience of the Parallax terminal window that comes with Propeller Tool. But sometimes I need to capture more data to a file than I can copy and paste from the window. Such was the case with the GPS data collected in this thread. So I discovered a free terminal program named Termite. It has a very small footprint and is drop-dead easy to use. All data it receives can be accumulated in a specified log file, which is what I needed. Anyway, 'just wanted to give a shout-out to a valuable tool.
    Nifty - always good to have another terminal...

I found YAT (yet-another-terminal) when looking for a terminal that could connect to USB-HID ports, as well as COM ports.

• K2K2 Posts: 691
    Nice not having all the TCP/IP baggage of TeraTerm if you don't need it.