Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cannot log in from my iPad (Solved). — Parallax Forums

Cannot log in from my iPad (Solved).

tomcrawfordtomcrawford Posts: 1,126
edited 2018-05-15 15:22 in General Discussion
The title pretty much says it all. I have an ios9.something iPad. I cannot log in with it to the forums since about Friday or so. I *am* using the correct email and password. Any help?

Comments

• I had the same problem, and I found that going through the password reset/recovery process worked, for the same password as before.
  • I haven't been able to sign in on my phone either. I'm running Chrome on Android 8. I did the password reset but there is no email sent back and the old password still works fine in Firefox on Linux so obviously there hasn't been a reset. I even just tried Firefox on my phone and even used my email address for sign-in. No joy but I haven't really bothered to reset anything either yet.
  • Tom,

I couldn't logon either and resetting my password did the trick.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Ah, it's not just me then.

I just found that I could not log in using Firefox. From the same machine were I am already logged in using Chrome.

Then I find I can't use my Chrome session to change the password in my profile settings. It won't accept my current password!

Guess I'll log out and hope that I can reset the password via email.

I may or may not be back again ....

Phew, that worked!
  • thanks god,

else you would have to create a new account, like "Heater.."

Enjoy

Mike
    Ha!

The "Heater.." idea had already popped into my mind. Then I imagined there might one day be a Heater..., and then Heater...., ...

• As the title indicates, all is well here. You have to sign out and then attempt to sign in. It will whine about your old password being wrong and offer to reset it and send you an email. Follow the link in the email and put in whatever password you like (I used my old one). Now I can log in from my old iPod.

@"Courtney Jacobs" , it would be really really good if the thread you referenced explained how to solve the problem rather than simply tell you the problem exists.
  • Tom,

IT considers this issue an ongoing problem, so I will refer your request to them to see if they'd like to put up instructions for the interim work-around.
    tomcrawford,
    You have to sign out and then attempt to sign in. It will whine about your old password being wrong and offer to reset it and send you an email.
    Yes. That is why I am now "Heater." rather than my old username "heater". There was a forum upgrade, it "lost" my password, I could not reset it because I have lost my old throw away email account. Nothing to do but register as a new user with a different name.

History repeats itself.

Is it too much to expect a system to remember the password you gave it?

• Even I can not remember passwords I give to sites.

Why is it OK to access my bank account on a atm machine with 5-6 numbers, but need

min 12 chars, uppercase, lowercase, numbers and letters and a special character to log into a car-forum?

this whole password thing is getting over the needed limit.

And all of this password nonsense to post a PUBLIC post on a PUBLIC forum, really?

Mike
    Wait a minute msrobots,

I don't know about your bank but I cannot do anything at an ATM with just my 4 digit PIN. I also need to present a recognized bank debit or credit card.
    And all of this password nonsense to post a PUBLIC post on a PUBLIC forum, really?
    This is not a "PUBLIC" forum. It's a forum paid for and maintained by Parallax. It's very private. Like many others.

Sure our posts are open to the net for anyone to read. That is the point after all.

What are you suggesting? We have no passwords? That any random human can post any random message here, perhaps under any random username?

Frankly, I would rather it is not possible for any random human to post as "msrobots" or "Heater." etc.

Or do you want to even get rid of user names? Just have a place for anything and everything to be posted. Like the graffiti on the walls in derelict areas?

• Same here couldn't log in. Just reset and it worked
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Heater. wrote: »
    Wait a minute msrobots,

I don't know about your bank but I cannot do anything at an ATM with just my 4 digit PIN. I also need to present a recognized bank debit or credit card.
    This is not a "PUBLIC" forum. It's a forum paid for and maintained by Parallax. It's very private. Like many others.

Sure our posts are open to the net for anyone to read. That is the point after all.

What are you suggesting? We have no passwords? That any random human can post any random message here, perhaps under any random username?

Frankly, I would rather it is not possible for any random human to post as "msrobots" or "Heater." etc.

Or do you want to even get rid of user names? Just have a place for anything and everything to be posted. Like the graffiti on the walls in derelict areas?

Couldn't agree more. Without passwords anyone could pose as anyone else and create serious problems for the individual they are posing as. OTOH some of the password requirements are a little asi.... overly complicated.
  • yes, that is what I wanted to point out, that password requirements are simply stupid, often.

using a longer Text is more secure as lower and UPPER case, number and letters but just 8 character.

Mike