National Robotics Week - 5 Robot Challenges from Parallax

Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
499 x 499 - 293K

Comments

• Parallax RoboWeek Challenge #1 met in Louisiana. Code for this enhanced figure 8 is here - http://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/my/projects.jsp#38475

Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,584
    Nice, buddy! I'm jealously watching from the sidelines, too many freelance jobs going on. On 3 continents! It's a good problem to have. Oh yeah, it's income tax week too. UGH. Friday tax appt.

Have fun and keep up the good work, I'm living vicariously through your awesome posts.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Parallax RoboWeek Challenge #2 met in Louisiana. Code for this Swing and Jungle Yell is here - http://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/my/projects.jsp#38529

#RoboWeek, #5robotchallenges, #scribbler3

Whit+

• Way to go, Whit! Onward!
    erco wrote:
    Oh yeah, it's income tax week too. UGH. Friday tax appt.
    Why do your taxes when the weather is crappy, when you can file an extension and do them when the weather is nice? That's what I always do. (I really need to change my life!)

Oh, wait, you live in L.A. Nevermind!

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    I love LA! This was today.

20180409_135924.jpg
    1024 x 450 - 132K
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • In my little burg, you'd get a speeding ticket for that!

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Whit is cleaning up on these challenges.

He's going to have the biggest box of Parallax stuff when this is over.

Introduce competition, guys!
  • I'm in for tomorrow's, "Lights, Camera, Action!"

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,096
    edited 2018-04-11 - 02:58:30
    Parallax RoboWeek Challenge #3 met in Louisiana with a little variation on the LEDs with the OLED. RoboWeek - S3 Night Rider - Lights, Camera, Action BlocklyProp code is here - http://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/editor/blocklyc.jsp?project=38938

By the way, I am posting the night before because I am busy during the day!
    Whit+

• I might put together one of those "night rider" things.
    Sarcasm for English build 2019.12.30 released two days before New Year's! Ports to other languages are in progress and are expected to be finished by January 5, 2020.
    edited 2018-04-11 - 13:09:22
    S3 OLED Ping))) Proximity Sensor

Another fun project for RoboWeek Day 3 using the Ping))) and the OLED display with the S3 (same set-up as PingDar))) posted elsewhere). With the BlocklyProp Code attached, the red dot in the center of the OLED gets larger as objects move closer. http://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/editor/blocklyc.jsp…# Color of the dot is hard to capture in a photo due to the refresh rate.

S3%20Ping%20Proximity.jpg

S3PingProximityOLED.JPG
    1140 x 1280 - 137K
    525 x 564 - 54K
    Whit+

edited 2018-04-12 - 12:19:11
    Thursday, April 12th - "Message Me!"

giphy.gif

Parallax RoboWeek Challenge #4 met in Louisiana again using the S3 and OLED. RoboWeek 4 - “Message Me!” - S3 Joke Jukebox BlocklyProp code is here - http://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/editor/blocklyc.jsp?project=39191

Sorry about the blurry video - take a look at the code or build it yourself to see the punch-line.

800 x 400 - 142K
    Whit+

• Here are some screen shots!
    Whit+

Bravo Whit!!! You da man!

- Pablo Picasso
    edited 2018-04-13 - 01:14:49
    1280 x 1280 - 122K
    1078 x 1280 - 128K
    Whit+

Hmmm. Parts is parts? Where's the reset button? We can rebuild him?

- Pablo Picasso
    R.I.P.

Rust in peace!

- Pablo Picasso
  • NAILED it!
    Whit+

edited 2018-04-13 - 02:49:37
    RoboWeek 5 - Friday Funnies from the STEaM floors at Parallax, Inc. "We share because we care!" Shave and a Haircut Sound and S3 wiggle.

BlocklyProp code is here - http://blockly.parallax.com/blockly/editor/blocklyc.jsp?project=39488

S. Threecowski loves BlocklyProp!

What a great week this has been! Thanks, Parallax and everyone responsible for National Robotics Week.
    1136 x 1566 - 152K
    Whit+

Cheated... looked at your code!

- Pablo Picasso
  • erco wrote: »
    Cheated... looked at your code!
    That was my secret trick - If folks couldn't build the project - at least they'd take a look at the code!

I did a joke with you, Carol, Nikos, Ken, and Chip.

Whit+

edited 2018-04-13 - 03:04:32
    Whit wrote: »

I did a joke with you, Carol, Nikos, Ken, and Chip.

Saw that. We are all honored!

- Pablo Picasso
    Nice Monsters Inc "Mike" there, Boss!

- Pablo Picasso