Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Lathe machine status read-out, troubble with PLX-DAQ — Parallax Forums

Lathe machine status read-out, troubble with PLX-DAQ

Hello,

I have stumbled upon a problem with PLX-DAQ that I don't know how to solve, so I was hoping that someone in this forum could help out. I'm currently Reading a lathe machine's status through a Airduino Uno card, where I recieve, date time and green/yellow/red status depending on if it is producing or not.
It register as it should in the serial monitor in airduino IDE 18.5.

When i am in the excel sheet and hit Connect, the data is put into the first row as it should but it only gives me that first row. I have programmed it to update once every minute and when im in the "raw data logger" i can see that it updates every minute as it should but it does not update in the excel sheet.
Do any of you know what the problem might be.

I'm running Excel 2007

/lajman

Comments

• Additional comment: I've noticed that in the "Controller message" in PLX-DAQ, the "Accepting data for row:" is not updating. Could that be the problem?
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    lajman wrote: »
    Hello,

I have stumbled upon a problem with PLX-DAQ that I don't know how to solve, so I was hoping that someone in this forum could help out. I'm currently Reading a lathe machine's status through a Airduino Uno card, where I recieve, date time and green/yellow/red status depending on if it is producing or not.
    It register as it should in the serial monitor in airduino IDE 18.5.

When i am in the excel sheet and hit Connect, the data is put into the first row as it should but it only gives me that first row. I have programmed it to update once every minute and when im in the "raw data logger" i can see that it updates every minute as it should but it does not update in the excel sheet.
    Do any of you know what the problem might be.

I'm running Excel 2007

/lajman

Hello Lajman and welcome to the forums. This area is for completed customer projects; this topic would be better suited under the General Discussion or under the microcontroller thread that you're using. :)

I read there is a new version of PLX-DAQ available but it's not through Parallax. The original developer has not updated it for newer versions of Office, so that might be the issue as well.