Scribbler Deal

ercoerco Posts: 19,289
edited March 21 in Robotics Vote Up0Vote Down
Red S2 with IPRE fluke 2 board for $50, Atlanta area. These student robots are usually in very good shape.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263561744720
"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 36 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,289
    You had your chance! Mine for $38 offer.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
    edited June 29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Nab this "excellent used" S3 for under $100 shipped. Nearly $250 new! https://www.ebay.com/itm/173381849648

- Pablo Picasso
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 10,376
    edited June 30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    OK, I'll bite. I need on to cut up/modify one that isn't new. Ken hasn't sent my Christmas present yet. :)

Gee, comes with batteries! (Don't they all?) :)
    Infernal Machine
    Congrats Proud Papa Jim! You may also need this NEW S2 for $60 OBO. Red and Green make Christmas!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163125196165

- Pablo Picasso
    Red S2 up for grabs. Somebody better beat my lowball $10.10 bid or I'll win this one too!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173397526077

@Ken: from BETTENDORFF Iowa. Isn't that where you had an Educator's class? Too coincidental IMHO.

- Pablo Picasso
  • Done!
    Don't need it.
    edited July 9 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mike Cook wrote: »
    Done!

Thank you.
    Mike Cook wrote: »
    Don't need it.

Never stopped me.

- Pablo Picasso
    edited July 9 Vote Up0Vote Down
    erco wrote: »
    Congrats Proud Papa Jim! You may also need this NEW S2 for $60 OBO. Red and Green make Christmas!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163125196165

I got an even pair now, 2 Red, 2 Green. I really hate odd numbers. :)
    Infernal Machine
    Publison wrote: »
    I got an even pair now, 2 Red, 2 Green. I really hate odd numbers. :)

No Blue? Just 'cuz zero is even, that don't make it right! Take two, they're small!

- Pablo Picasso
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 827
    edited July 13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    oh yea I won it................................25.60 delivered
    Nice! Glad to hear it found a loving home.

Now let's see if I win my eBay item in an hour!

- Pablo Picasso
    Nope. Got sniped just seconds from the auction's end.

No death ray for me. :(

- Pablo Picasso
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 827
    edited July 25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Is there a chart somewhere that describes the differences between the S2 VS S3?

From a 30,00 foot view it looks like:

1. S3 is green
    2. Hacker port is now accessible from the out side on the S3
    3. Battery charger is now lithium
    4. USB communication instead of 9 pin serial

Thanks - poked round with the search function on the forum and on the Parallax site and nothing came up.

• Mike Cook wrote: »
    Is there a chart somewhere that describes the differences between the S2 VS S3?

From a 30,00 foot view it looks like:

1. S3 is green
    2. Hacker port is now accessible from the out side on the S3
    3. Battery charger is now lithium
    4. USB communication instead of 9 pin serial

Thanks - poked round with the search function on the forum and on the Parallax site and nothing came up.
    There is also a socket inside that can accept the Parallax WX wi-fi module to allow wireless control and programming.
  • I have a mint S2, if anyone needs one.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 3,996
    edited July 27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    xanadu wrote: »
    I have a mint S2, if anyone needs one.

The S2 is red - The S3 is more of a mint green...

Sorry! ;-)

This is a very kind offer. The S2 is great bot!
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Get all three for $149! https://www.ebay.com/itm/323386404597

- Pablo Picasso
  • erco wrote: »

That auction should not have taken more than an hour to sell!
    Infernal Machine
  • A Scribbler Trifecta!
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • An instant family!

- Pablo Picasso
  • WhitWhit Posts: 3,996
    edited August 13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Blue - GUI, PBASIC * Red - GUI, Spin * Green - GUI, BlocklyProp, C (Grandchild is Tri-lingual!)
    Whit+

• Modern Family... robot style!

- Pablo Picasso
  • Instead of RGB - it was B, R, G.
    Whit+

• Big fRiendly Giants

• A cheap S2 in @xanadu 's backyard, Vista CA. Everyone can use an extra S2. I'll be downright disappointed if he doesn't outbid my $1 lowball offer. He can do a local pickup and save $11 shipping!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263885133123

- Pablo Picasso
    A cheap S2 in @xanadu 's backyard, Vista CA. Everyone can use an extra S2. I'll be downright disappointed if he doesn't outbid my $1 lowball offer. He can do a local pickup and save $11 shipping!

It's worth it just to get the RS232-to-USB adapter! :)
    Infernal Machine
    edited August 19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    erco wrote: »

Why is this still for auction (BIN) at the incredible price of $149 !?!?
    Infernal Machine
  • Right on! I already have two S3s, maybe six s2s and a dozen S1s.

Don't tempt me! Somebody please buy this smoking deal before I do! :)

- Pablo Picasso
  • S2 + Propeller Education kit + VEX parts lot, currently $77 shipped. Go for it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-ROBOTICS-PARTS-VEX-V-5-PARRALLAX-S2-SCRIBBLER-PROPELLER-EDUCATION/183391703724

- Pablo Picasso
    A cheap S2 in @xanadu 's backyard, Vista CA. Everyone can use an extra S2. I'll be downright disappointed if he doesn't outbid my $1 lowball offer. He can do a local pickup and save $11 shipping!

It's in my garage, not my backyard hehe. Now someone bid $1,000,000 :)