More Not-So-Great Deals from eBay

Guess I shouldn't have donated my remaining copies of this book to the local library. I could have gotten $75 each!

https://www.ebay.com/p/Model-Building-and-Finishing-Guide-by-Gordon-McComb-1989-Paperback/120000029

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Face it Gordon, you're just that good :-)

Plus it's kind of hard to duplicate that spiral binding experience in an online pirate copy.
  • That's hilarious.
    You should offer to autograph it for the seller. Maybe it'll break 3 digits :thumb:
    Any com port in a storm.
    Floating point numbers will be our downfall; count on it.
    Imagine a world without hypothetical situations.
  • Gordon: You could stop that scalper in his tracks by writing a scathing review of that book!

Pick your battles. :)
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • I'm not even sure there was a set price for that book. It was originally included in a kit of paints and brushes.
  • Gordon,
    Do you hold the copyright on this book? Has it expired?
    Jim
  • Gordon: If it makes you feel any better, the yin/yang value/ripoff balance has been restored by the Mindflex game I received today. Perfect condition, works perfectly, and my one bid of $16.50 won it. The poor seller offered free shipping but paid $25 to mail it. Very sad times when the seller loses money like this, he would have come out better just throwing it away. https://www.ebay.com/itm/222806608514

PS: I hooked up the battery polarity backwards and the doggone thing controlled my mind...
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Jim, It was a work for hire, and copyright was assigned to Testors.

In the US, since the 70s, copyrights don't expire during the lifetime of an author.