Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Lookie Who's on Ebay — Parallax Forums

Lookie Who's on Ebay

Everyone's favorite forumista seller Savage Circuits now has an Ebay store, so act fast before all those tech thingies you were considering get snapped up by a total stranger! Maybe even an ARDUINO user!

https://www.ebay.com/usr/savagecircuits

Comments

• Did Chris ever land a job?
    Jim
  • Here's hoping Chris sells that Tek scope!
  • Jim,

No. No job as of yet. I am now forced to sell my house, so I am not sure what geographic location I will end up in. If I can stave off foreclosure and sell the house I may get a travel trailer and move around to places I can work. Not sure yet. I have a lot of research to do. In the mean time I am moving everything from my website to eBay, except the larger things (furniture, musical instruments) which I am trying to sell on Craigslist.

Gordon, selling the scope would buy me the time I need to sell the house for sure.
  • AntediluvianAntediluvian Posts: 87
    edited 2018-02-19 05:53
    As of today, I moved everything to eBay (erco made me do it!!!) including adding 100 items. https://www.ebay.com/usr/savagecircuits
  • mikeologistmikeologist Posts: 337
    edited 2018-02-19 06:31
    @Antediluvian
    Just bought a couple boards.
    No combined shipping across items?
    edited 2018-02-19 08:16
    Yes, there is. Each item has the following in the shipping info:

Seller's payment instructions
    If buying multiple items, please wait for final shipping cost in invoice before paying.

In your case I will calculate and refund any overage. Looks like $7.00 overage.

P.S. - When getting multiple items from sellers, instead of paying immediately you can also request an invoice allowing shipping to be adjusted. This applies to any eBay seller (unless they have "immediate payment" turned on).
  • Yes, there is. Each item has the following in the shipping info:

Seller's payment instructions
    If buying multiple items, please wait for final shipping cost in invoice before paying.

In your case I will calculate and refund any overage. Looks like $7.00 overage.

P.S. - When getting multiple items from sellers, instead of paying immediately you can also request an invoice allowing shipping to be adjusted. This applies to any eBay seller (unless they have "immediate payment" turned on).

Thank you :smile:
    I asked because the request total button in the shopping cart says that you specifically do not, in big red letters. I've always used that method because it commits to buy all the items at once.
    With combined shipping your smalls are a great deal and I'll grab more as soon as I can.

Wish I could even come close to affording that sweet scope you have listed.
  • I tried adding a few items to cart and then the "Request total from seller" button. It comes back with this:
    The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts.
    The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase.

Perhaps you need to change a setting someplace on ebay?
  • Roy, eBay has changed so much I don't know what I would need to change. At least two people have requested an invoice which allows me to set the shipping charge. Not sure how to fix the current issue. If anyone has any advice I am open to it. =)

Again, if anyone knows how I can enable that, "Request Total" thing, please post. In the mean time I will do a bit of research today. Thanks everyone!
  • Roy, eBay has changed so much I don't know what I would need to change. At least two people have requested an invoice which allows me to set the shipping charge. Not sure how to fix the current issue. If anyone has any advice I am open to it. =)

Again, if anyone knows how I can enable that, "Request Total" thing, please post. In the mean time I will do a bit of research today. Thanks everyone!

Go to the help section, navigate through seller issues, select more help (I think) and an option to have them call you will pop up
    They will call in a few minutes and help you fix the issue.
    Absolutely the fastest way.

I know it is a pain but it will improve your sales. When I'm ordering stuff from China I dump sellers that don't offer this option and reshop those products with others. Usually saves me a decent percentage of the cost.
  • I will try. Not sure with it being a holiday if they'll be available. But I will try.
  • I will try. Not sure with it being a holiday if they'll be available. But I will try.

Sounds good. I hope you sell everything quickly and thank you for the deals.
    edited 2018-02-20 00:17
    Okay, so I actually found an option to call eBay and it turns out I had combined payments and shipping disabled. What's interesting about that is that at least two people ordered multiple items and sent me a request for an invoice. Everyone else seemed to be unable to do that. In any event I believe I have it fixed. If someone could let me know if they can now do this, that would be appreciated.

I haven't sold on eBay since 2005 and things were much different then. I moved to eBay because of the ability to combine shipping and offer better shipping rates than my website allowed.
  • mikeologist...thank you and you're welcome! Having to sell the house kind of sucks. But the blow is lessened by not losing it to foreclosure and I have all of you who have been buying my "stuff" to thank! A few people even sent me items to put up and list and I am very appreciative of that as well!

Hopefully once I get settled again and get my bench back up I can continue making projects and getting back to some normalcy. I didn't get rid of anything to I need to complete the laundry list of unfinished projects I have accumulated. :nerd:
  • I was able to do the "Request total from seller" option now. Seems like you got things set right.
  • Roy, thanks for checking that. I honestly had no idea what was happening. Those settings are hidden and not part of the normal options for a listing.

Hopefully things will move a bit smoother now.
  • Got my boards and they arrived in perfect condition. Thank you again for the deals.
  • Awesome! Enjoy!
  • fullcap...I've been using mostly Priority Mail which is always 2-3 days delivery. Only exception has been books or really large packages.