Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
[SOLD] For the cost of shipping only: OWI-535 Robotic Arm Edge (assembled) + Prop control. + extras — Parallax Forums

[SOLD] For the cost of shipping only: OWI-535 Robotic Arm Edge (assembled) + Prop control. + extras

wmosscropwmosscrop Posts: 406
edited 2018-01-29 00:44 in General Discussion
Hopefully I'm not violating any of the forum rules regarding selling items. This is a propeller-based project that I'm selling for less that the cost of shipping.

That said, I'm cleaning up some of my unfinished projects.

This one was a robotic arm that I never figured out a good purpose. I've modified it with position sensors (pots with ADC and hall-effect sensors). The modifications were made so that the arm can still operate by itself (you simply move the controller connector to the proper connector).

Included is a propeller-based controller board, display, motor driver boards, voltage converters, etc. Includes all chips needed for operation, including the Prop. You'll need a couple of 6-9 volt power supplies, recommended at least 2 amp for the motor power supply. Also recommended are 4 D batteries, not for power, but for ballast.

Also included are spare parts, 2 continuous-rotation servos (not Parallax), 2 stepper motors, and various other hardware items. Finally, the book "Junkbots, Bugbots, & Bots on Wheels" will be in the package.

The robotic arm kit, by itself, goes for at least $35.

I'll pack all of this up and send it out for $20. Estimated shipping is more than that, but I'll absorb the difference to get this into the hands of someone who can use it.

PM me if you're interested or have questions.

Thanks,

Walter

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,248
    WOW!

OMG, even if I wasn't such a hoarder and arm lover, this is TOO SMOKING! Somebody better jump in before I cave!

Seriously, I don't need any more arms, projects, CR servos, or steppers, and I already have that excellent book. But Walter is GIVING this stuff away. C'mon Walt, it's worth $50 if it's worth a dime. Up your price and it will still get to a deserving soul.

Come on, forum, somebody nab this quickly. It's not even a matter of Manning up, it's just good sense!

• My collection of robots is too big, but this is a screaming deal.
  • My cave is too small :-(

It's a great deal for a starter with the room to spare.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Oh boy. Very tempting.

I have far too many unfinished projects and unused toys around here already.

It deserves a better home.

• Sounds great. But I don’t have the time to do it justice, either.
  • Make it $30, and I'll take it!
  • I've edited the title to show that someone did buy this... Thanks to everyone for looking!

I kept the cost at $20 because I certainly got my money's worth from this project. Many people have helped me (including the members of this forum!) and I want to help others in some way.