Forum Update - Announcement about May 10th, 2018 update and your password.

How to wire PIFs

Thanks in advance - brand new to this forum.

I am working on a project that would require the use of multiple infrared detectors. I would like to use 4 + mini detectors. I would like each detector to have a maximum range less than 4 inches, and a rather narrow sensing range. I do not understand what the three legs do on a detector do, I assume positive, negative, and output? Some say the output drops off, some have high output? I just want to have a number of sensors that when any one of them detects a warm blooded animal within a few inch proximity (almost contact) to send a signal to a switch which closes it so that the normally open switch then will allow the power to flow so the next function will occur. I am sure this is out there somewhere but I am not studied at all in this type of circuitry.

Any help appreciated!!!

Tommy

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Date Added Votes
  • PIRs?

Rat trap?
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso