programming the P2

2»

Comments

• msrobots wrote: »
    So lets resume this, with a question about SPIN2.

Chip is finalizing the silicone and his SPIN2 interpreter is work in progress, but delayed.

Dave - I hope I get this right this time - is compiling SPIN and his own SPIN2 to native code, not byte code.

I really like his syntax for returning multiple values from a function call and there was a long discussion about object and/or function pointers to allow a way to switch say formatted output from serial to tv for example.

Where is this right now and is there a way to test this out without having a P2 or a FPGA?

curious,

Mike

I think you meant "silicon". Although cyberpunk genre silicon implants would be pretty cool.

ups, my bad.

but 'Silicone Valley' has a nice ring too...

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.
    A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.
    Press any key to continue, any other key to quit

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 5,586
    Heater. wrote: »
    Legend has it that the seeds of the RISC idea came from a guy at IBM who decided to build a compiler using only a simple subset of the available mainframes instructions. Lo, it was faster than others that tried to use everything. Sorry I don't have a link to that story.
    RISC came from pipelining. It's a good example of form following function.

"Are we alone in the universe?"
    "Yes," said the Oracle.
    "So there's no other life out there?"
    "There is. They're alone too."