Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Abnormal forum behavior? — Parallax Forums

Abnormal forum behavior?

Not sure if this intermittent problem is on my end or the forum end but it sure is annoying. I go to the “Recent Discussions” and start with the bottom (oldest) thread that has a new post and work my way up. After I have read a few I find several scattered threads with new posts are no longer highlighted even though I have not opened them.

I suspect this may be on the forum end and am wondering if anyone else has seen this. Screen shot of normal abnormal behavior attached.
1920 x 1080 - 302K
1397 x 943 - 234K

Comments

• Yes, I've noticed this behavior sporadically. 'Don't know what to make of it. It's annoying when it happens but infrequent enough not to raise a stink about it.

-Phil
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Yes, I've noticed this behavior sporadically. 'Don't know what to make of it. It's annoying when it happens but infrequent enough not to raise a stink about it.

-Phil

Thanks Phil. Good to know it's not me doing it.
  • I've been seeing this behavior since almost the first day the new forum software was rolled out.
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    I saw it too, back then - so I decieded to read threads by opening them in their own tab, and leaving the main page untouched. Then I can safely switch back and all the unread threads will still look unread.
  • This has been around since day one, but it seems to occur more frequently in the last month or so.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Phew, I thought kwinn was posting about my abnormal forum behavior.

Maybe everyone ISN'T in fact conspiring against me.

Nonetheless, I'll try to straighten up and fly right.

• TorTor Posts: 2,010
    edited 2017-11-30 14:10
    Well, erco, I was just today thinking that it's abnormal strange that erco hasn't posted his regular *bay deals lately.. so I felt I had to browse around on my own for a few minutes. Now awaiting a few LED wrist bands and some zip ties to arrive.. that's not the standard I'm used to.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2017-11-30 14:20
    HA, I'm swamped through Dec 8. Will have to make erco recommendations after that, WRT slow Christmas shipping!

Of course, there is no shortage of Black Friday/Cyber Mon-Tues-Wed offers, here in the US anyway! Everyone ELSE tells you what to buy this time of year. :)

Edit: I did get in a few plugs for Parallax products (360 servo & several robots) in my December column in Servo magazine. You can view a few pages online at http://servo.texterity.com/servo/201712?pg=12#pg12
  • Tor wrote: »
    I saw it too, back then - so I decieded to read threads by opening them in their own tab, and leaving the main page untouched. Then I can safely switch back and all the unread threads will still look unread.

Ditto. Have done this since I started using the forums back in '06 and never had any issues with changes to threads while I am reading. I usually, open tabs for all threads that interest me, hit the mark all viewed link, then go through all the tabs. That way, next time I review the "recent discussions" I catch anything that changed in the time from when I hit mark all viewed to when I finished all the tabs even though that's typically only a few minutes.