World Class Customer Service

OK so I have to brag on my favorite vendor's customer service. We have a job going and my guy in Alabama ordered qty 10 Item# 40000 Propeller Quickstarts which we use with daughterboards of my own manufacture to make a little industrial IOT device. Sent to me to program. I get the package and, well, nobody is perfekt. The invoice is correct, but the box actually contains qty 10 Item# 40003 QuickStart Human Interface Board. Not what was ordered.

Very brief phone call. Keep the HIB's I was told, and the right parts will be there tomorrow. Right parts were here this morning next-day shipping, even though the original order was 2nd day. No fuss, no RMA, no challenges. And hey, now I got ten HIB's which turn QuickStarts into DemoBoards, how cool is that? I'm tempted to try getting PropCMD up on one of them.

I love doing business with this company. Parallax is the best.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • I agree.

Suffice to say during my last order, they resolved an interesting problem with shipping. And included a second RGB LED and driver chip.

Here's hoping your project whatever it is works out.
  • Ken & company are eager to please and know how to treat loyal customers. Many of us forumistas are old guys who were young when when we first joined!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Parallax is a pretty awesome company but then again I'm might be biased.
  • AMEN! (That is a professional opinion!)

Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Thank you to all of you. I'll be sure our team sees this thread to reinforce what you think we do correctly.

Ken Gracey
  • Whit wrote: »
    AMEN! (That is a professional opinion!)

love it. Professional AMEN. right.

Mike

I am just another Code Monkey.

A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • I've never had an issue with Parallax, but when I've contacted them with any question the response has been prompt, pleasant and bordering on amazing!

@
    Founder of the "Society for Aimless Tinkering and World Conquest"