Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can someone give me a quick check on the features of the ASC+ — Parallax Forums

Can someone give me a quick check on the features of the ASC+

pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 21
edited 2017-10-25 21:16 in Propeller 1
I've been going back and forth in the various documentation for the ASC+ board. Could someone please check my understanding? I don't want to take up anyone's time so a quick yes or no will be sufficient.

On tha ASC+ there is 2X8 header on the right side of the board (board is oriented so the silk screened text is right side up).

The top 6 pins are labeled "SPI" or "ICSP". Individually the pins are P12, +5V, P13, P11,Reset & GND.

I assume that these are the same pin 11-13 that are available on the other headers so they are all available elsewhere.

These pins are in conflict with the servo drivers on the board of education shield as well as the connection to the SD card that uses pins 8 & 11-13. I already know that there are other options for an external SD card

The next 8 pins are labelled P16-23 this is the Aux header and gives me access to 6 additional I/O pins on the propeller as long as I keep it to 3.3 volts or provide my own current limiting resistors.

I don't see a reference to pins 14 & 15. In the schematic, pins 14 & 15 are labelled SCL & SDA which are for I2C.

The website states "PWM, I2C, SPI, UART and more, in any combination on any pin." but the l2C & SPI labels on the board seem to be pre-assigned. Is this merely a default that can be set to something else as needed?

The last 2 pins are labeled 6 & 7. Are these nalog channels 6 & 7?