I Need a Man Bun

ercoerco Posts: 20,244
According to this futuristic ad for "Temi"... https://www.robotemi.com/

temi.jpg
1300 x 600 - 77K

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    @ erco

I don't have enough hair for a man bun, but I do have a home that would welcome a personal robot! Thanks erco - I made my pitch!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Whit wrote: »
    @ erco
    I don't have enough hair for a man bun.

Where there's a will, there's a way, Padre. In a pinch, you and I could split one of these: https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-princess-leia-headband/-/A-17131126

• Where's the cup holder?
  • @Erco,

Just grow one!

Mike
  • Love it all!!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2017-10-25 14:05
    erco wrote: »
    Where there's a will, there's a way, Padre. In a pinch, you and I could split one of these: https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-princess-leia-headband/-/A-17131126

Agreed - we will saw this in half in the middle of the headband - Brainstorm - we can attach it to some glasses to anchor the front so the bun can hang in the back. That way it can double as a different sort of opti grab!

By the way - the new Servo is in! The new Servo is in! You are somebody.
    Great bot collecting article!
    1130 x 782 - 495K
    Thanks, editor Robin was particularly generous with space & pages for many colorful photos. I had not known the virtues of the Radicon robot (coherer tube & all) before researching for that article, but now it tops my wish list. Christmas is coming and miracles happen!

I think you'll also like the December "Roboto". It's my favorite column, also probably the longest (word count) to end the year with a bang. Spoiler: dead reckoning.
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,912
    edited 2017-10-27 11:38
    I have a lot of hair, but the only way I will ever have a man-bun is if I fall head-first into a box of pastries!
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    Just what we need, another voice controlled assistant that does not respond to the already established universal keyword - "computer".

"Hey Teemi", "Hey Siri", "Hey Google" and "Alexa", at least Amazon's version does not require the "Hey" part.

Star Trek has a long list of predicted technology that has found it way into common usage. Wheeled robots are not one of them. This thing is a novelty and because of it's many limitations can not become a common household item. A voice controlled home on the other hand can become a common thing, if only you could communicate with it using a sensible wake word. We all know what that word is, why are these companies ignoring it?
  • W9GFO wrote: »
    Just what we need, another voice controlled assistant that does not respond to the already established universal keyword - "computer".

"Hey Teemi", "Hey Siri", "Hey Google" and "Alexa", at least Amazon's version does not require the "Hey" part.

Star Trek has a long list of predicted technology that has found it way into common usage. Wheeled robots are not one of them. This thing is a novelty and because of it's many limitations can not become a common household item. A voice controlled home on the other hand can become a common thing, if only you could communicate with it using a sensible wake word. We all know what that word is, why are these companies ignoring it?

Because none of them can own it, but maybe Paramount pictures could claim that they do....
  • So is the man bun really a "thing" outside of LA? My locale has scarcely gotten past the mini-ponytail sported by Hollywood types around Film Fest time -- usually accompanied by highly trendy, expensive sunglasses, even though the sun had long ditched the Northwest by then. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out at the local food co-op, where such fashion statements have a tendency to manifest themselves first around here.

Not for me, though. I don't wear or sport anything that isn't strictly functional.

-Phil
  • Up here in Ventura it's more conservative, I guess, although there are some surfers with longer hair, and certainly might see a man bun or two if you drive up to Ojai. ;)
  • Barbie's latest Ken has a man bun and keeps us ex-Mattelites ROFL:
    RE: Ken... Perhaps the man bun is compensation from something that's missing. That would explain a lot of young men in LA, too!
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Hmm.... As a kid my Action Man did not have a man bun. Despite having some parts missing.

He sported a mean looking scar on his cheek like real men do.

Man bun guy still there. Not sure if Temi can endure that.

https://www.robotemi.com/tv/the-future-of-work/