Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Board of Education — Parallax Forums

Propeller Board of Education

This might be a question for some of the "old timers" on the forum, :smile: but I am getting ready to put in an order and saw the Propeller Board of Education is on a good sale and looks like a closeout. I'm wondering if I should pick one up? Any opinions on it from those that have used one - such as does it have any benefits over the regular Activity Board or not really?
I currently have a Professional Development Board and a C3 as well, got them both right before they went out of production, I think. So was wondering if I should get one of these to complete the set or just for nostalgia/collection purposes. Wow, that sounds like I'm such a nerd... haha :innocent:
Thanks!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2017-10-19 01:36
    Let's see ... switching 5V power supply can provide 3A. VGA socket for video (and NTSC as well). ADC can handle 10 bits instead of 12. Built-in microphone. Has xBee socket, but not with automatic switching when using WX WiFi module. It's a good board ... I used it for the basis of my Propeller BoeBot until the Activity Board WX came out, then switched.
  • I used it as an R&D project where I need XBee to listen to gaming devices and post information on a VGA screen. The code was up and running in a few hours. Now laying out custom board for commercial version of project. It's useful if you need VGA.
  • Thanks for the recommendation, I think I'll throw one in the cart, just to pick one up before they're gone for good. Looks like a solid board, don't really have a project in mind for it yet, but I kind of like that 9V battery option for some reason too.