Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ExpressPCB Has New Software — Parallax Forums

ExpressPCB Has New Software

ExpressPCB just came out with EXpressPCBPlus. This is only the layout software and does not connect to the schematic software, (yet). This is a fail right now, IMHO.

You can import old layout files, and it has a few upgrades that are pretty good. Layout schematic and PCB in the old software, and then import the PCB layout to take advantages of the new features.

https://www.expresspcb.com/expresspcbplus/

Comments

• It's a bit of an improvement, but seems 10 years too late considering the number of superior products that allow makers to run a free mode and easily generate Gerbers that one can send to any number of low-cost PCB vendors. Hell, even Diptrace allows you to order boards from within the program if you don't want to learn to create Gerbers -- and you can order as many as you like.
  • Yeah Jon..I hear you. There are still a few that use ExpressPCB now. Im' sure you still use in a quick Proto? :)
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,918
    edited 2017-10-07 20:05
    No. I have made the full-on switch to Diptrace; it's what we use at EFX-TEK, Parallax uses it for its open-source projects, and I do all of my personal/client projects with it.

I downloaded and ran ExpressPCB Plus. It's lipstick on a pig. The new UI is pretty, and nicely organized, I just don't find the program behavior dramatically different than what they've been doing for 20 years. The only reason I keep this product on my computer is that I have a friend/client who refuses to move away from it and, occasionally, I help him fix his designs.

If I'm fair, the one thing I do like is the align menu.