Dry Erase Markers for Scribbler, S2, and S3

WhitWhit Posts: 3,728
edited September 24 in Robotics Vote Up0Vote Down
Found these at Wal-mart yesterday. Same barrel size as a Sharpie and work great with any Scribbler!

U Brands Low Odor Dry Erase Markers With Erasers, Medium Point, Assorted Colors, 10-Count

77d07843-70a8-4943-b6e9-f99bc809a08a_1.723a5063279a9a684255ae40fdefe0ee.jpeg
Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • That's neat Whit. So fit them backward and you got a robotic eraser. A self tidying helper if you will; such a rare treat!
  • @VonSzarvas - I was thinking the same thing! Will check it out...
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Keep us up to date with this. I've been wanting to build a dry erase table if I ever found a good size dry erase marker.

Is this getting the wheels crummy?

Is the line follower working with drawn lines?
    Founder of Kinvert
    https://www.kinvert.com/
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 21,412
    edited September 24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I've been wanting to build a dry erase table if I ever found a good size dry erase marker.
    I've used the smaller dry-erase markers, and they work just fine. Just wrap them with enough masking tape to slide in the hole without wobbling. I've found that it also helps to wrap the top of the marker with solder, taped down, to add a little extra heft and pen pressure.

I've seen no evidence to suggest that the tires get crudded up by dry-erase residue.

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Out of stock! Woe is me!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso