Sneak Peek Of Future Product Line — Parallax Forums

Sneak Peek Of Future Product Line

I am almost ready!
907 x 540 - 151K

Comments

• Some sort of casting?
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Yes. Aluminium.

I wish I had that setup here and now. I'm out in the Finish forest where there is space to do that kind of thing. Next week I'll be back home in the city where it's impossible.

• idbruceidbruce Posts: 6,197
    edited 2017-09-16 15:18
    @ASKME

With my own personal setup, I will be working with aluminum, but this portable foundry, could also be used for melting lead, zinc, or any other metal, with a low melting point temperature.

@Heater

With my mother's illness, that photo was the first opportunity that I had to set up everything outdoors, and that was just to check everything out, before working on the videos. During the set up, an assistant was taking snapshots, and I asked that person to stop, but now I wish I had let her continue, because there would have inevitably been better photos.
    Next week I'll be back home in the city where it's impossible.

Perhaps not the ideal scenario, for a major metropolitan area, and although I highly recommend casting over sand, in a wide open, unpopulated area, due to the various hazards involved, I would imagine that this setup could be used over a small patch of concrete, simply by drilling two holes in the concrete for the tool stakes. However there would be a burn mark from preheating the tools, ingot molds, and metal, where the grill is located, but if a person was to just use the furnace and blower, without preheating, then it could be done, without the burn mark, the two holes, and on a much smaller patch of concrete.

That being said... It would be a much, much more hazardous scenario, for a variety of reasons.