C after CMPS/CMPSX/ADDS/ADDSX/SUBS/SUBSX

12346»

Comments

• I'd still be interested in also having test and set versions of all those test and jumps.
    The Prisoner's Dilemma, in english - "Selfishness beats altruism within groups. Altruistic groups beat selfish groups." - Quoted part from 2007, D.S Wilson/E.O Wilson.
  • TonyB_TonyB_ Posts: 293
    edited December 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    DJZ/DJNZ and TJZ/TJNZ are complementary and have the same last letter.
    DJU/DJNU and TJF/TJNF are complementary and have different last letters, which makes no sense. U for underflow is plain wrong here anyway as decrementing from $8000_0000 causes an underflow, not from zero. I like F for Full or $FFFF_FFFF or F's and DJU/DJNU should be renamed DJF/DJNF.
    Formerly known as TonyB
  • TonyB_ wrote: »
    DJZ/DJNZ and TJZ/TJNZ are complementary and have the same letter Z.
    DJU/DJNU and TJF/TJNF are complementary and have different letters, which makes no sense. U for underflow is plain wrong here anyway as decrementing from $8000_0000 causes an underflow, not from zero. I like F for Full or $FFFF_FFFF or F's and DJU/DJNU should be renamed DJF/DJNF.

You're right!

I'll rename DJU/DJNU to DJF/DJNF.
  • TonyB_TonyB_ Posts: 293
    edited December 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    cgracey wrote: »
    TonyB_ wrote: »
    DJZ/DJNZ and TJZ/TJNZ are complementary and have the same letter Z.
    DJU/DJNU and TJF/TJNF are complementary and have different letters, which makes no sense. U for underflow is plain wrong here anyway as decrementing from $8000_0000 causes an underflow, not from zero. I like F for Full or $FFFF_FFFF or F's and DJU/DJNU should be renamed DJF/DJNF.

You're right!

I'll rename DJU/DJNU to DJF/DJNF.

Thanks, Chip. I think that was my final comment on DJx/IJX/TJx.
    Formerly known as TonyB
  • Thanks for pointing that out. I should have realized, myself. That was ugly.
  • Ugly with a capital U! :)
    Formerly known as TonyB