Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wal-Mart Google partnership — Parallax Forums

Comments

• Yes it should. Google will walk all over Wal-Mart. And their intelligent coffee table widget will probably ignore Wal-Mart in favor of Target.

Besides it annoys me that every time I ask Google to look for something special, they find it on Wal-Mart's badly written site.

By the way, were you watching NBC News when you also found it appropriately? And with an audience of erco's robots? (This year they plan on visiting every other forum member twice. And ignore me.)
  • Wow, Google openly admits they fear Amazon. That's the real news......
  • Wow, Google openly admits they fear Amazon. That's the real news......

More like Walmart does. Amazon could destroy them, which would be a blessing. In NYC they've put in for one, I think, three times. It was turned down all of them.

By contrast, Target has several, and the surrounding small business are enjoying the company.

I've also met the squad from Google who does the shopping coming from my Target.
    --
    Strange, how did erco's robots get to your place?
  • By the way, were you watching NBC News when you also found it appropriately?

NBC first choice for years, and then there is everything else.

I seen erco's robots heading south glowing and whistling Dixie.
    A lightning hit topped off their batterys, and they are happily on their way to new experiences.
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2017-08-24 16:40
    The partnership will fall flat if Walmart doesn't make major changes to the affiliate sales network they offer, and Google doesn't get out of their pay-per-click revenue mindset. A good deal of Amazon's success comes from Web warriors who set up sites to sell Amazon product. It's easy to deep link to anything on Amazon, and there are sites specializing in hawking even the most obscure things (some members of my extended family make their living this way).

Walmart's system is antiquated and far harder to use, so going into this it's clear they don't appreciate how it works to have a half-million sites link to your site. Google will have to bend their own rules and algorithms (or expect Walmart and other store partners to pony up with ad cash) to compete with Amazon's page ranking.
  • (some members of my extended family make their living this way).

A previous coworker's sister made a living selling on Ebay. Wait for a deal at say Costco which has an excellent return policy, buy it, divide into more reasonably sized chunks, sell. If it doesn't sell return it. She said that their house was a bit of a disaster area, and they were always driving around to pickup deals or ship things.
  • For the conspiracy theorist, we live in the age where we have to question everything.

• Hal AlbachHal Albach Posts: 747
    edited 2017-08-25 15:23
    I also watched some of the additional offerings after the first video, the one about the security camera pictures left me with that all too familiar feeling, " How do you 'un-see' some of those images". I need to go and wash my eyes out with some strong soap!