Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Old homework board VS Basic Stamp 2 board — Parallax Forums

Old homework board VS Basic Stamp 2 board

Hi,

In other words I would like to know if the item from picture 1 works equal or identical like item from picture 2.

I know that homework board has extra resistors at each I/O , but I don't know if I can use the same last Basic Stamp editor
and the same serial cable.

Just to know if the old homework board(serial) works like the item called BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board ***

***BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board plus the Basic stamp 2 obviously

thanks.
400 x 267 - 45K
200 x 150 - 12K

Comments

• I use the same editor and serial cable for both. Never had a problem.
  • Angela-CurtiAngela-Curti Posts: 44
    edited 2017-08-08 17:00
    tomcrawford

Please , could you writte easily . My english is not good.
    I can't understand you.

Do you know if the two alternatives are the same ?

And , do you know if the Stamp editor will work properly ?

Sorry, I don't understand: "Re-inventing the wheel is not a waste of time if, when you are done, you understand why it is round."

Thanks.
  • Yes. The Pbasic Programming tool will work with all versions of the Basic Stamp.

It will work the same on both boards.
    Sorry, I don't understand: "Re-inventing the wheel is not a waste of time if, when you are done, you understand why it is round."

That was just a quote Tom has in his signature.
  • There is only one PBasic (version 2.5). It works for all Basic Stamp modules.

A serial cable (or a USB cable plus "USB to Serial (RS-232) Adapter") will work with either board.

"Reinventing the wheel" is an English idiom that means approximately "wasting your time doing something that has already been done". My signature suggests that, if you learned something, it wasn't really a waste of time.
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2017-08-09 01:44
    There is only one PBasic (version 2.5). It works for all Basic Stamp modules.

A serial cable (or a USB cable plus "USB to Serial (RS-232) Adapter") will work with either board.

I was going to say, but didn't stick my neck out, the BASIC Stamp Editor can talk to them all.