NEW PROPELLER-BASED PROTOTYPING PLATFORM

coderbadcoderbad Posts: 28
edited July 14 in Propeller 1 Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi everyone

I invite you to see, share and sponsor this awesome Arduino alternative, it is a easy to learn and prototyping platform, which you can program it using C language or Blocklyprop a visual programmer

help us to make it a reality and have a new option to the Makers.

Kickstarter Link
https://kickstarter.com/projects/1424716448/parral-dev-board/comments
a81f70b03a6c4578146165af9e886e9e_original.png?crop=faces&w=1024&h=576&fit=crop&v=1498619605&auto=format&q=92&s=12b35399c794bcfdd4f80529b817ccb0

ModEdit: Title

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Nice project, I just backed it for a few.

However, I can't help but think this should be in the Propeller 1 forum where it might get a bit more attention. You might need to check with moderators about rules with same post in multiple forums

regards
    Lachlan
  • Moved to Prop 1. Good call Tub.
    Infernal Machine
  • And maybe change PLATFROM to PLATFORM in the thread title?

just saying...

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.

A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • This looks cool but unfortunately I already have way too many Propeller boards.
  • In regards to the Arduino comparison, depending on the customer needs it's a superior product! With educational customers as the target, Parallax's support system is much better because:

- Chromebook support (and it's free). Beta is functional in the ChromeApp store with demo.blockly.parallax.com
    - Blockly support, entirely free.
    - Parallax tutorials can be used with this board, in both C and Blockly

It's a fantastic concept and I backed it with a few purchases myself.

Ken Gracey
  • Looks very solid and a great addition to any breadboard. I have at least 10 Prop DIPs so I'll jump in toward the end, although I'd imagine you'll have no problems meeting that goal.

• Backed...best of luck

• avsa242 wrote: »
    Backed...best of luck

Thank you so much avsa, :)
  • xanadu wrote: »
    Looks very solid and a great addition to any breadboard. I have at least 10 Prop DIPs so I'll jump in toward the end, although I'd imagine you'll have no problems meeting that goal.
    thank you so much xanadu, you have 24 days to back us :)
  • David Betz wrote: »
    This looks cool but unfortunately I already have way too many Propeller boards.

One more David, maybe a gift for someone :)
  • coderbad wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »
    This looks cool but unfortunately I already have way too many Propeller boards.

One more David, maybe a gift for someone :)
    Yeah, I may break down in the end. It's certainly different than any of my existing boards!
  • Neat, handy, backed...